When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Schwinn "C Model"

-

dougfisk

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
1936 Schwinn #C97 - I bought this on RRB a while ago, absent wheels and seat; but complete with a bent frame and bent fork and cruddy spray bomb repaint(?)... I scrubbed the cruddy primer/repaint off with steel wool and lacquer thinner revealing a pretty nice original finish for 78 years old... Then I straightened and trued up the frame and fork as I do on all my projects (- no pics of that process this time... as you must be tired of them. ;) )

1401602104_zpseca44ac0-1.jpg

1401602815_zps66ae150f-1.jpg

1401602806_zps9b5b997c-1.jpg

Last edited:
Great bike

Love this one. Had a 40 dx that looked close to it, but your is way nicer. Very sweet bike. Rob.

Very nice work. I always like your stuff. I'm still wanting to learn your frame trueing tactics so pics and instructions always welcome. I have a B10 with a frame so skewed that it rides like a 3 legged Donkey.

What are you going to badge this one?

Very nice work. I always like your stuff. I'm still wanting to learn your frame trueing tactics so pics and instructions always welcome. I have a B10 with a frame so skewed that it rides like a 3 legged Donkey.

What are you going to badge this one?

A how-to thread would be great. I have a girls frame that needs some serious attention. Great looking bike btw:cool:

Back