When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1936? SilverKing UPDATED!!! MORE PICS!!!

-

pedal4416

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Men's silverking project. I started cleaning it up then I got bored. Some scratches and a small dent on bottom of middle tube. Freddy's name engraved onto it. Lots of character. Wald fenders. NOS wald stem. OG aluminum men's bars and truss rods. OG hubs laced to OG rims with stainless spokes, rims have slight wobbles but ride well and are painted black. Seat has a crappy recover job and sprayed silver. Repop aluminum rear reflector.
$700 plus bike flights

IMG_2856.JPG

IMG_2857.JPG

IMG_2858.JPG

IMG_2859.JPG

View attachment 667974

View attachment 667975

0F28857C-4EC4-4F5B-9B9D-39A61C87BFD0.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's some more pics. Repop pedals, rear reflector, and new cranks with a Schwinn BB and sprocket. I included photos of a split by the seatpost that I uncovered while cleaning. It was split from factory (most likely while installing steel seat tube sleeve) then covered over with aluminum. Looks like a casting blemish, there is a steel tube in these frames so it’s not affecting strength. I cleaned up the bars and truss rods. Truss rods have wear marks on inside from past tire rub, not going through. Bars have scratches from past idiots. The only thing I need to still do is properly sand and paint chain guard (should be chrome tho) and paint and recoverseat.
Rides real nice but needs a hub adjust.

IMG_3270.JPG

IMG_3272.JPG

IMG_3273.JPG

IMG_3274.JPG

IMG_3275.JPG

IMG_3276.JPG

IMG_3277.JPG

IMG_3278.JPG

IMG_3279.JPG

IMG_3281.JPG

IMG_3282.JPG