When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Straight Bar Frame?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have this one, and never could get any ideas on around what year it is.
SUNP0024-1.jpg

SUNP0025-1.jpg

S/N is B13XXX, stamped very neatly in the center of the BB.

Looks like a 1940 DX to me. The lower top bar is curved making it a DX and the down tube is slightly curved making it a 1940. The dropouts make it prewar..

This is one of the best threads I have read. I noticed that none of these bike have that welded seamed on the bottom of the bb shell found on newer schwinns. So when did schwinn start using that welded seamed on the bb shell?

The list I have would suggest the frame is from 1938. In 1935-1936 large, irregularly spaced characters were used and consisted of a letter followed by four digits. The serial stampings were changed during 1936 to small, regularly stamped characters consisting of a letter followed by five digits. This system played out through the end of 1938 apparently running through the alphabet somewhat consecutively.

Would you share that serial number list?

Back