When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Streamline girlie

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kstone

Wore out three sets of tires already!
A big snow storm is a'comin...and this new Syracuse resident, who even after living in Canada still refuses to buy snow tires, is about to be snowed out of the studio for a hot minute. So instead of writing for grants, applying for studio residencies, making lesson plans, or anything else that gives me anxiety.... im going to play with my bike. Wheeee

I realized I'm about to turn 30 next month and I've been thinking, whats a nice thing to do for myself. Soooo.. out comes this lovely gal @Floyd gifted me. Ive always wanted to do a "rust-tina." I personally love leaving bikes as is versus a full shiny restoration...but this house paint isn't doing anyone any favors and my art senses are tingling. I think I could nail a patina and enjoy the heck out of making it.

I figure now's a perfect time to put to use all the tools and paint booths I have at my disposal at Syracuse University. Im taking a 3D printing class while also teaching a mold making class, so I think a creative headlight replacement is due. We will see.
I know the semester will hit me like a freight train... so this will be a very long project once the snow melts.

While I know the paint is stripped under the frame, there is original paint and pinstriping under the silver chain guard. So thats a fun, but delicate gift to uncover.

If that bike were mine I would determine if the head tube bore evidence of a shroud. Also methinks this bike carried the hornlight- tho just the headlight section of it blending and fastened to a wraparound ,curved, piece. Does it have a nameplate?. Are we prepared for a snowed in situation. Shovel , gloves, Oreo cookies etc. GL.

If that bike were mine I would determine if the head tube bore evidence of a shroud. Also methinks this bike carried the hornlight- tho just the headlight section of it blending and fastened to a wraparound ,curved, piece. Does it have a nameplate?. Are we prepared for a snowed in situation. Shovel , gloves, Oreo cookies etc. GL.
We think she had the whole kit and caboodle because of how she was cut up and the state we found her in. A hand me down front fender, and the back fender cut right where the erosion would have happened from the battery box being unattended to. Theres no evidence of a badge on the front, so she must have had the whole headlight shroud?

Last edited:
Back