When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Streamline girlie

-
Happy Birthday Katie!

Has it been determined that Safety Streamliners do not have any badge hole/holes? Those with original bikes hopefully can answer this. In my mind from a production standpoint it would almost be more effort to single out frames destined to be Safeties vs Supers and not put the badge holes there.

No skirt guard holes on rear fender so it may not be original to the bike.

Finally let's not forget the possibility it may be a Super Streamline ladies models D-45 K or D-15 mentioned but not pictured in this '36 Xmas ad...

IMG_20220204_114642849_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Katie!

Has it been determined that Safety Streamliners do not have any badge hole/holes? Those with original bikes hopefully can answer this. In my mind from a production standpoint it would almost be more effort to single out frames destined to be Safeties vs Supers and not put the badge holes there.

No skirt guard holes on rear fender so it may not be original to the bike.

Finally let's not forget the possibility it may be a Super Streamline ladies models D-45 K or D-15 mentioned but not pictured in this '36 Xmas ad...

View attachment 1563641
Thanks for this. I was unaware of this model.

Here's a question to the room. This example doesn't seem to show any housing for a battery to power the tail light. Here's what's under my fender though. This makes me still lean to the bike having all the bells and whistles, but im happy to be wrong at that. Do we have any models of this one in the ad you shared that exists today? I'd be curious to know if the light is functional
20220208_084339.jpg

Thanks for this. I was unaware of this model.

Here's a question to the room. This example doesn't seem to show any housing for a battery to power the tail light. Here's what's under my fender though. This makes me still lean to the bike having all the bells and whistles, but im happy to be wrong at that. Do we have any models of this one in the ad you shared that exists today? I'd be curious to know if the light is functional View attachment 1568153View attachment 1568154
I think it's a Safety.
My guess is the batteries "corroded" through their box and rear fender and that's the reason the fender was cut.
I also think that you could sculpt the necessary molds for any desired metal "recreations".

Katie to me it appears your rear fender is a men's safety fender, as the ladies model at least in the advertising copy had skirt guard holes. So in my opinion this fender being present does not prove the bike is a Safety. I would see if you can find any paint match between the fender and frame or other parts.

IMG_20220211_121553372.jpg

IMG_20220211_121607807.jpg

Back