Sold 1936 Western Flyer - Shelby. $8,995.00 OBO !

This ad disappears when logged in

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Sep 30, 2006
so cal beaches
Best bet for this bike is Ebay....it will indeed bring true market value if you describe it acurately
post good clear pix.
However the reality may be alarming with regards to current asking price
There is a true and relatively accurate market for vintage bicycles and it is reality based.
: (

vincev

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
Hank,Try EBAY and have a realistic reserve on the bike.Very nice bike and I am sure you put a lot of money into it BUT restored bikes almost always lose money and are done for the love of the bike for whatever reason the owner has.Good luck with sale.

CWCMAN

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Mar 2, 2014
Sunny Southern California
I think $2250 is WAY generous for this bike in my opinion. You should have took the money and ran.

I agree with the others though. Ebay is your best bet. Let the interested bidders determine it's value. You can put a reserve on it but if your reserve is the crazy 10k then your just wasting your time trying to get a sale.

Pedals Past

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Nov 5, 2017
Napa, CA, United States
A bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay on any given day. Now selling it for that is a differant story everyone has a number that they are willing to take not necessarily the value either way but the length of the desire for it...... unfortunately value wise based on the model and the history of sales over the years it value is less than 1/3 his asking price but the sentimental value is 3x that adding the cost to restore it and we have the grasping in air record setting sale price of the bike. Reality and sentiment are hard to seperate after all that invested why would you want to sell your dads bike? or your mothers wedding ring ?

kreika

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 7, 2016
Santa Cruz
If your listening to the Peter’s for your value. I’d recommend hoping on a rocket and shoot for the moon. Their prices are from outer space. Not reality based. I have two of these bikes. One is a patina bike maybe worth $2500 the other is original paint and really nice. On a good day, maybe worth $4000-$5000. Check out the placement position of the front fender lights on mine compared to yours. It catches my eye every time I check yours out.
I vote you keep it. It’s a family heirloom. Pass it on. Good luck with whatever you do!
7A618910-9CED-4FCF-B01C-9F18DC3E28D0.jpeg

159BE9FE-7234-40A8-8C38-53F70FD9D4EA.jpeg

kreika

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 7, 2016
Santa Cruz
Now now everyone. Let’s not be so harsh. This is America. Hank can give it away, or ask a trillion. It’s his prerogative. Where freedom of speech is ours, we shouldn’t muck up his sales ad with a bunch of negative nelly stuff. Just pass on by. :)

Jay81

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 26, 2015
Roseville MI
Some would say constructive criticism......
Some would call it unsolicited advice/opinions......
Besides, the classifieds are not the place for constructive criticism. That belongs in general discussion, and should only happen when someone asks for it.

The asking price is nobody's business but the seller. It's one thing if someone is interested and want's to private message the guy with an offer.
Otherwise it's just a bunch of unsolicited opinions of people who have no interest in buying the bike.

The O.P has followed every one of the rules for posting his bicycle for sale. He can ask a million bucks for it if he wants to.

We've seen what can happen when someone asks for value in general discussion. (they're too lazy to do their own research)
We've seen what happens when someone posts an item for sale without a price. (5 different people reminding them a price is required. Is that really necessary?)
And when someone does put a price that everyone thinks is too high, they make a big deal out of it and feel the need to put in their 2 cents.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture