When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1936 Western Flyer - Shelby. $8,995.00 OBO !

-
Best bet for this bike is Ebay....it will indeed bring true market value if you describe it acurately
post good clear pix.
However the reality may be alarming with regards to current asking price
There is a true and relatively accurate market for vintage bicycles and it is reality based.
: (

Hank,Try EBAY and have a realistic reserve on the bike.Very nice bike and I am sure you put a lot of money into it BUT restored bikes almost always lose money and are done for the love of the bike for whatever reason the owner has.Good luck with sale.

I think $2250 is WAY generous for this bike in my opinion. You should have took the money and ran.

I agree with the others though. Ebay is your best bet. Let the interested bidders determine it's value. You can put a reserve on it but if your reserve is the crazy 10k then your just wasting your time trying to get a sale.

A bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay on any given day. Now selling it for that is a differant story everyone has a number that they are willing to take not necessarily the value either way but the length of the desire for it...... unfortunately value wise based on the model and the history of sales over the years it value is less than 1/3 his asking price but the sentimental value is 3x that adding the cost to restore it and we have the grasping in air record setting sale price of the bike. Reality and sentiment are hard to seperate after all that invested why would you want to sell your dads bike? or your mothers wedding ring ?

If your listening to the Peter’s for your value. I’d recommend hoping on a rocket and shoot for the moon. Their prices are from outer space. Not reality based. I have two of these bikes. One is a patina bike maybe worth $2500 the other is original paint and really nice. On a good day, maybe worth $4000-$5000. Check out the placement position of the front fender lights on mine compared to yours. It catches my eye every time I check yours out.
I vote you keep it. It’s a family heirloom. Pass it on. Good luck with whatever you do!
7A618910-9CED-4FCF-B01C-9F18DC3E28D0.jpeg

159BE9FE-7234-40A8-8C38-53F70FD9D4EA.jpeg

Back