When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 1938 Schwinn auto-cycle motorbike factory chrome plated fender then painted over!!!!!

-
Update on the subject;
I just dismantled the Placerville Motorbike.

Original as found, that appeared to have not been collectorized.
1937 dated crank.
R prefix small font, tightly spaced serial number/ paint scheme, indicates, 1938 issue.
Front tank strap positioned behind the top tube dart, which is usually associated with 1939 models.
So to Tedd’s point, if the set back strap position was being issued well into 1938 as this bike would indicate.
Then I would assume, that all of the 1939 models had the set back strap location, and that the 1938 model could’ve had either strap location.

Thanks, Tyler.
I just realized, that this wasn’t the thread where the tank strap location was being DISCUSSED! Lol!
So, I also posted it over there as well.

Update on the subject;
I just dismantled the Placerville Motorbike.View attachment 1193467
Original as found, that appeared to have not been collectorized.
1937 dated crank.
R prefix small font, tightly spaced serial number/ paint scheme, indicates, 1938 issue.
Front tank strap positioned behind the top tube dart, which is usually associated with 1939 models.
So to Tedd’s point, if the set back strap position was being issued well into 1938 as this bike would indicate.
Then I would assume, that all of the 1939 models had the set back strap location, and that the 1938 model could’ve had either strap location. ....Marty.....great score!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I FIGURED YOU MIGHT BUY THIS....I LIKED YOUR STRATEGY SAYING THE PAINT WAS WEAK AND THE MOTORBIKE DECAL ON ONE SIDE WAS REALLY BAD....TRYING TO TALK POTENTIAL BIDDERS OUT OF BUYING....YOU LEARNED FROM THE MASTER HOW TO MANIPULATE:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::hearteyes::laughing:

That’s cold Marty, just cold !

All that time you spent here saying it wouldn’t clean up ?!

I am going to call you “It Wouldn’t Clean Up Marty” [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Last edited:
Back