When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937-38 autocycle

-

ratdaddy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
we are starting a build on a 37-8 schwinn autocycle.would that have drop center rims or s-2

now if i can find out the year.#n4144.and does anyone have a pic of the correct stem and bars,also sprocket.maybe a heart skiplink,feather chainguard

I will research your serial number and get back to ya. If you are building a full blown straightbar hanging jewel tank Autocycle or Super Deluxe Cantilever hanging tank Autocycle, you will need a double adjustable stem, speedo bar (good luck), sawtooth sprocket and dogleg crank, and a feather guard. If you are doing a standard hanging tank Canti Autocycle, you can use a razor stem, crossbraced Torrington handlebars, and a feather guard. I have reproduction hanging Cantilever tanks, a razor stem, wheel set, crank and sprocket, and the crossbrace bars available for sale. PM me for more 411

Hey J.C., I think from Ratdaddy's previous request on this issue I believe he's thinking of building a full blown straight bar? Besides the mentioned parts you forgot a few other other proprietary parts; the chrome rear rack, the fender bomb, the dual Seiss (or Delta) lights, and the floating saddle.

oh well we got 100+ other original bikes.its no big thing.we will run down one someday no hurry.got 6 1929 fords out at the shop we are building ratrods out of.i may just build a prewar ratrod bike to haul around on top of my car.but if anyone sees one out there even damaged we are masters at metal work

you'll have to carve out a minimum of couple of grand at the least and lots of time on finding the rare parts it could possibly be many months or even years.

Back