When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Colson frame

-

1918 Ranger

Finally riding a big boys bike
Here is a Colson frame for a future build that I have acquired.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357716179.565854.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357716189.539926.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357716200.623712.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357716210.007021.jpg

1918 Ranger

Yep... that is a 37 double curve 20" seat-post tall frame Colson. Are there heads crew holes on the head-tube? Just curious since you have a name-plate taped to it.

Here's a pic of my LWB '36 Packard badged Colson I picked up from a fellow member a while back. I've found and installed the correct deep round fenders since the pic was taken. I have two more of these "rainbow " frame bikes I plan to build up after I find a few more missing pieces. Fatbike (Derek) is a wealth of Colson knowledge. I've consulted him countless times when working on getting my builds correct. What are your plans for this frame? I'll be keeping an eye on your thread. Good luck with your build.

IMAG0837-1.jpg

Last edited:
Not a whole lot of these lwb frames around either! I have one long (37) and one short (39), shown here for the Colson challenged who might find this thread later.
CRIM00012-1.jpg

CRIM00022-1.jpg

Here's a pic of my LWB '36 Packard badged Colson I picked up from a fellow member a while back. I've found and installed the correct deep round fenders since the pic was taken. I have two more of these "rainbow " frame bikes I plan to build up after I find a few more missing pieces. Fatbike (Derek) is a wealth of Colson knowledge. I've consulted him countless times when working on getting my builds correct. What are your plans for this frame? I'll be keeping an eye on your thread. Good luck with your build.

IMAG0837.gif

Ill try to build back original as best I can. Thx

1918 Ranger

Not a whole lot of these lwb frames around either! I have one long (37) and one short (39), shown here for the Colson challenged who might find this thread later.
CRIM00012-1.jpg

CRIM00022-1.jpg

Thanks Adam. Good to see the two side by side. Useful information!

Cool to see your LWB Colson together Mike. How do you like the ride?

Adam thanks for the photos.

Throwing this out there, If you ever want to sell me back the blue frame I would be interested.

Last edited:
Long WheelBase. Or these are referred to as simply tall-frames. I'm 6`4", so these are one of the few prewar bikes I can ride comfortably.

I just aquired this lwb badged as a True Value Roadway. I'd like to do a full restoration but I'm having trouble finding the original paint style, darts, ect. Thanks!

c6nc-1.jpg

Back