When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Colson Hi Lo

-
Great bike Shawn!
I had a few of these in various stages of completeness. One was a balloon with those same rims, the others were 26" high-pressure.
Observation: as the wheels on this one have been respoked and the front looks like it's a New Departure, I'd say there's a likelihood that the hubs aren't original to this bike.
And wasn't 1933 the first year for the Hi-Lo Drive?

Super kool bike..........Shaker Heights.............Cleveland ???
My Dad grew up there.

Great bike Shawn!
I had a few of these in various stages of completeness. One was a balloon with those same rims, the others were 26" high-pressure.
Observation: as the wheels on this one have been respoked and the front looks like it's a New Departure, I'd say there's a likelihood that the hubs aren't original to this bike.
And wasn't 1933 the first year for the Hi-Lo Drive?

Hey Scott,
Yea I noticed that it had been re-spoked as well but my gut says this bike is a little later than the '34 serial. The only reference I have for the Hi Los is the one page in the Colson book. I believe it does indicate '33 as the first year. Funny thing is I don't believe you see a mention of the Hi Lo from '35 on? I'd be interested in seeing any literature concerning these bikes. I'd also be very interested in any serial number info. V/r Shawn

Just noticed the "Scout" badge: from what I've seen of Scout badged bikes it was probably not equipped with a tank and carrier.

You could very well be right about that. The problem is that so little I known about these that I would hesitate to state that definitively. Whether it did or didn't originally really doesn't bother me. These items are easily removed but I'm going to leave it decked out as long as I own it--which, hopefully, will be a really long time! V/r Shawn

AC054267-FE5A-48F5-87E6-B9560458809B.jpeg
84898B0D-62CD-471A-A052-F3C88AB2E6C2.jpeg
541BFCBF-F588-4343-9FC2-991111FD3904.jpeg
Yep I do own it .....Rustjunkie I’m sure your right it didn’t come with a tank mine is flyer I know it came with the tank...the #’s are 4D8xxx. The d in my numbers might stand for deluxe (tank) with flyer being the delux model.

Back