When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Colson Hi Lo

-

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Many of you have already seen this bike that I picked up yesterday. People throw the term 'rare' around so much that it has pretty much lost meaning. These bikes I believe truly deserve that moniker. So far these are my observations: The serial number is 4E2805 which would lead me to believe it is a '34. The rear hub however (Morrow) has a "G3" which indicates 3rd quarter of '37.

Reading the scant literature available it appears the Hi Los were offered from '34 - '37 pretty much unchanged from year-to-year. Initially I thought maybe some things had been changed on this bike to include the seat and tank from a different bike. I have collected all the photos I could find of Hi Los and found another very similarly equipped except it has the correct rack and different fenders.

I posit that there were slight changes from year-to-year and that the frame was only made one or two years and the left over frames were built and sold over the next couple of years. I'd be interested in seeing serial numbers from other Hi Lo owners. V/r Shawn

Col1.JPG
Col2.JPG
Col3.JPG
Col5.JPG
Col6.JPG
Col7.JPG
Col8.JPG
Col4.JPG

So is that the same rack that is found on the 34 Huffman? The Hercules tubular?

I believe it is a variation of that rack. I think the front mounting piece may be a little different. Here is a better shot of what I'm looking for. V/r Shawn

IMG_3115.JPG

What a great bike! I've been drooling over it since I first saw it posted for sale. Glad to see it went to a good home!

Back