When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Colson Imperial-Hornlite or Torpedo Hornlight??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
I'm getting ready to put my 37 Imperial project together, but I need to iron out some details before I get started. I'd like to get the general consensus of those who have been in the hobby much longer than I have. I figure there has to be more than a couple original paint Imperials out there that I'm not aware of. The 37 catalog pic we've seen posted up time & time again shows the Imperial equipped with the conventional Delta Hornlite. One of the few originals I've seen (@sm2501 ) is equipped with the aluminum torpedo style hornlight. Is it possible that they were available with either one? Maybe an early vs late build? Or simply the artist rendition of the new model with carry overs from the previous year, such as the earlier Lobdell Horizontal spring saddle? Thanks in advance for any info or pics. Mike
full?d=1453332343.jpg

1937%20Colson%20Commander%20TL%2001.jpg

1937%20Colson%20Commander%20TL%2007.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Hornlite on it now, and the base doesn't quite fit right. I'm afraid it is the torpedo style.

Back