When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Colson LWB Rainbow frame Vs 1936

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fshbydesign.com

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hello, I was looking for information on the 1937 Colson LWB, and how you can tell it apart from the 1936, aside from serial numbers. Were peaked fenders used on 1937? Were triple step rims still being used? what hubs were used, and what seats...It seems that there is an abundance of information on the 1936 but hardly any photos/info on the 1937, at least in comparison to the 1936. Thanks

Both shallow and deep crescent fenders with jointed braces on '36, peaked fenders with separate braces on 37. Straightside(triple drop) rims on '36, Colson dropcenters on '37. Most tend to use Colson front hubs, some New Departure. Troxel saddles in both years. Can't remember the model off-hand, but I've seen the dual wire chassis used in '36. Early '36 used '35 style tubular fork. I have one '37 dated straightbar in original paint that has '36 style fenders.

Early '36
IMG_20181121_201321_01.jpg

'36
IMG_20190217_135039_955.jpg

'36
1936 Colson Double bar8.jpg

'37
1540942720147.png

'37 Straightbar with carried over '36 style fenders
IMG_36491_02.jpg

I know not all original but it rides like a dream i used all the red parts off a shelby girls bike , was the LWB frame standard or an option & what years did they use them ? , thanks so much guys !

Back