When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Colson LWB Rainbow frame Vs 1936

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The best i can make out the serial number is 9913 B ? , happy 4 th every one !!!!!

15622867720921546767963.jpg

I'm familar with that bike. Every deep fendered Colson I've seen has blunt ends. Of those with original paint, they have had one thick stripe down the center with thinner striping on either side.

View attachment 1025599

Blunt ends that’s a good way to put it . You can feel the difference by rubbing your hand across them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am looking for the front fender in original paint as well. The fenders are deep and made by McCauley. They have characteristically flat fender braces and a joggled ridge along the arc. This is of course if you choose to go with this option.
That’s a possibility, although mine is a 37, it didn’t come with the deep fenders. 37 fenders are even harder to find....go figure.

I'm familar with that bike. Every deep fendered Colson I've seen has blunt ends. Of those with original paint, they have had one thick stripe down the center with thinner striping on either side.

View attachment 1025599
I'd like to edit this post and add that there was indeed another fender scheme on those '36 models with deep fenders. Two thin parallel ivory pinstripes running the length of the fender in line with the rivets, the same as my shallow fendered 36's. Totally forgot the black Flyer has this very scheme. It's been put away due to a loose chainstay to BB joint. A bit tough to see in these pics due to its weak paint, but its there. I'll dig it out soon to repair the BB and post pics then.
1936 Colson doublebar4.jpg

1936 Colson doublebar2.jpg

1936 Double Bar10.jpg

Back