When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Dayton Super Streamline

-
Super Streamline Project

The first three pics are how I got the bike--largely complete but a few wrong parts to include seat and fenders. Next are some pics of it stripped and the seat. The seat is a pretty rare piece and I wound up buying an original '37 Dayton motorbike for the seat and the original mesh guard. The mesh guard I got with it was an older repo--John has since reproduced both the guard and the seat chassis so my motorbike looks original again!

Attachments

• As bought 2.JPG
    As bought 2.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 139
  • As bought1.JPG
    As bought1.JPG
    236.9 KB · Views: 122
  • As bought3.JPG
    As bought3.JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 146
  • bare frame.JPG
    bare frame.JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 127
  • dayton bare1-1 (2).jpg
    dayton bare1-1 (2).jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 135
  • SS Seat3.jpg
    SS Seat3.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 130
Next was chrome, paint, and assembly....

Attachments

• Chrome.JPG
    Chrome.JPG
    287.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Painted1.jpg
    Painted1.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Painted2.JPG
    Painted2.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Painted3.JPG
    Painted3.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Painted4.JPG
    Painted4.JPG
    238.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Painted5.JPG
    Painted5.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Assy1.JPG
    Assy1.JPG
    248.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Well Shawn, all I can say is that all is as it should be.
This bike really deserved this. When I first saw it I knew it was a really special bike.
I have been blessed with owning a few of these ultra rare bikes, not because of any specialness of myself, but because of my love of them, and the fear they engendered in the hearts of those who saw the miserable state they were in when found. This one was just a frame, I gathered a few of the parts and in the course of events had to give it up, but to a worthy successor.
It has been a pleasure delving into the intricacies with you, truly there was a bunch to learn. As iron sharpens iron, going through every piece of this one has really upped my game and knowledge of these. I've never claimed to be the Huffman expert, but more of a Huffman fanatic.
This bike has paved the way for the others waiting in the wings. Last year was the year of the big tank Huffman, this year has started with Marty's '38 Streamline, and now your '37. I happen to know of a few more that will likely debut this year. Truly this is going to be the year of the Huffman Super Streamline!

This is the first photo of this bike as I saw it, and started working toward getting it. If you want one of these, this is usually how they come.

DaytonFrm1_zps02a5ec2b-1.jpg

stunning

Stunning bike and great story form start to finish and a job perfectly done by the looks of it. Well done. What more is there to say really other than "omg I never even thought an orig tornado leaf sprung saddle even existed" and "sell me the bike please".

So far I think we are still under 20 on '37 SS tank models but Scott S. could probably answer that better. V/r Shawn

Super Streamline Project

Shawn, Unbeliveable!! Color combination is screaming. A proud example of why i follow the cabe.

Really nice! Did you do your own paint? I have a '41 Huffman that I plan to start soon, but I am thinking about doing a trial run on a WF Newsboy Special to get the hang of painting.

Super nice bike. You should be seriously proud.

I posted an album in the gallery documenting the build (somewhat). V/r Shawn

Back