When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1937 Evinrude

-
Shipping
$10 usps priorty 48 usa
Zipcode
Some auctions have a clock re-start feature; such that an online auction continues for a designated time after a bid is submitted, (regardless of how much time might have previously elapsed).

But for this auction, it looks like the timing of 35-minutes was thought to be enough by the seller, (and perhaps also the last bidder).

Last edited:
Some auctions have a clock re-start feature; such that an auction continues for a designated time after a bid is submitted, (regardless of how much time might have previously elapsed).

But for this auction, it looks like the timing of 35-minutes was thought to be enough by the seller, (and perhaps also the last bidder).
I always try and give my DOND items 24 hours after every bid that I’m planning to accept to give any last chance to a buyer who wants to chime in. Not per say to get more money out of it, but rather to give the guy who has been “looking for one of those for years” a chance to buy the part, and any other bidders a chance to pay what they think it’s worth. This has consistently worked with no hurt feelings. I got the idea from a preexisting rule on DOND that states a buyer is only bound to their bid for 24 hours, and after that period it is up to the buyer to decide whether or not they will accept the “deal” proposed by the seller. This means that backing out of a bid before the 24 hours is up is technicality breaking a rule, and accepting the bid at any time after the bid was made but before 24 hours means it is a done deal. I prefer to wait til the end of the 24 hours for reasons stated above.

I've stated the same thing. 3 days should be the limit of the auctions. Some of us don't LIVE on this website. We have lives, jobs, kids, etc. What's the worse that could happen.... the seller gets more money on the item? 🤣 Boy, that would be horrible. 😂
Or as stated earlier the high bidder could reconsider and back out leaving the seller with less money

I’m done bidding on your auctions. Second one you closed to your insiders without giving anyone a chance to up the bid.
It doesn’t matter how deep your pockets are you’re not entitled to everything that crosses the auction block . Auctions have endings and if you’re not there when it ends you don’t win . There’s been countless times I’ve forgotten or sidetracked and missed out on something I really wanted . Nobody’s fault but mine . Your loss is your fault

Fat Cats with Big War chests bidding on the most desirable & rare items & then complaining LOL I looked at this auction with actual interest in the “Evinrude Badge” as an avid fisherman and Boater! that’s interesting I thought! how neato is that! Hahahaha! Good luck with my meager budget 🤣😂🤣😂

Back