When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Hawthorne Flo-Cycle/Airflow Clean Up

-

Talewinds

I live for the CABE
Some folks had asked to see some photos and I Didn't want to hijack anyone else's thread so here she is. I bought a rough but complete bike from another CABE'r a few years ago and she's been dismantled and boxed up ever since. Trying to get it all sorted out and back together now.
Still some question in my mind about the exact year. Appears to have never been apart until now, and is equipped with the pie-crust chainguard, aluminum truss rods, and lacks the later cast bronze support bracket that the factory deemed necessary at some point (no evidence the frame ever had it either).
So far I've got the frame polished and dropped the parts off for chrome last week. I'll keep posting photo updates here.

unnamed.jpg

Brian, that's superb. It sounds like you've got everything but the fenders. Hopefully the experts will chime-in on the exact year of your bike. Serial number? Also, what's the round thing visible in the drop-out? Have you got the key for the lock?
Beautiful!

Brian, that's superb. It sounds like you've got everything but the fenders. Hopefully the experts will chime-in on the exact year of your bike. Serial number? Also, what's the round thing visible in the drop-out? Have you got the key for the lock?
Beautiful!

The round thing in the dropouts is a spacer block to keep from squishing during shipping.
I DO NOT have a key for the lock. Sure wish I did!
Here's the serial number....
unnamed-4.jpg

Some folks had asked to see some photos and I Didn't want to hijack anyone else's thread so here she is. I bought a rough but complete bike from another CABE'r a few years ago and she's been dismantled and boxed up ever since. Trying to get it all sorted out and back together now.
Still some question in my mind about the exact year. Appears to have never been apart until now, and is equipped with the pie-crust chainguard, aluminum truss rods, and lacks the later cast bronze support bracket that the factory deemed necessary at some point (no evidence the frame ever had it either).
So far I've got the frame polished and dropped the parts off for chrome last week. I'll keep posting photo updates here.

View attachment 715841
Sweet, Your hard work shows!

Back