eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

CWCMAN

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Mar 2, 2014
Sunny Southern California
Shawn, this is definitely a 37 deluxe model 01826.

As you mentioned, the fork is not correct. It should be a swan style fork with the use of the duel Deltas. That fender light was added later.

It looks like it has the correct three piece tank.

Pretty nice one.

Edit: I should add that this bike is badged Speed King and is not always equipped as the cataloged Roadmaster. That being said, the fork could very well be original to the bike. I believe that three tier fork style first appeared in 1938, So it could be original to the bike. However, I still bet that fender light was added at some point. It was probably originally equiped with a single Delta silver ray or the Delta horn/light combo. My best guess based on the conduit provisions on the tank and front fender and the tank switch.

Last edited:

frankster41

I live for the CABE
Dec 26, 2009
New Holstein, WI
Shawn, this is definitely a 37 deluxe model 01826.

As you mentioned, the fork is not correct. It should be a swan style fork with the use of the duel Deltas. That fender light was added later.

It looks like it has the correct three piece tank.

Pretty nice one.

Edit: I should add that this bike is badged Speed King and is not always equipped as the cataloged Roadmaster. That being said, the fork could very well be original to the bike. I believe that three tier fork style first appeared in 1938, So it could be original to the bike. However, I still bet that fender light was added at some point. It was probably originally equiped with a single Delta silver ray or the Delta horn/light combo. My best guess based on the conduit provisions on the tank and front fender and the tank switch.
Truss rods are to close together for the dual headlights

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
The Morrow is dated 4th Qtr '37. When I get time I think I'm going to pull the fork and crank to see if the original paint matches and put this to rest. I would agree that light was added on fender. V/r Shawn

ricobike

Finally riding a big boys bike
Apr 8, 2014
Evanston, United States
Nice badge. Never seen that one before. Kinda cool that it's for a Cleveland hardware store.

lgrinnings

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Dec 31, 2010
Newburyport, MA
I know the cat shows Silver Rays but just curious if maybe this didn't have a hornlight on it? I think I may take a stab at removing the house paint and seeing if there is any original paint underneath. V/r Shawn
Based on the combination of the built-in tank horn and the fender having the rubber grommet where the wires come up through for the Silver Ray assembly (instead of the absence of a grommet because the wires travel along the fender underside to the horn light), I'd guess (I'm not 100% on this) that this didn't have a horn light.

Amazing grab, by the way.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
Based on the combination of the built-in tank horn and the fender having the rubber grommet where the wires come up through for the Silver Ray assembly (instead of the absence of a grommet because the wires travel along the fender underside to the horn light), I'd guess (I'm not 100% on this) that this didn't have a horn light.

Amazing grab, by the way.
Excellent point. I guess my main concern now is whether the fork is correct for this bike. This bike actually belongs to a friend who I am helping liquidate his collection. Thanks, Shawn

Reactions: CWCMAN and tryder

cds2323

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Nov 20, 2009
Lacota, Mi
Excellent point. I guess my main concern now is whether the fork is correct for this bike. This bike actually belongs to a friend who I am helping liquidate his collection. Thanks, Shawn

This bike very well might have had the horn light. I didn't think the wires running to the truss silver rays ran through the ferrule into the fender and then back up again. I've seen other bent tanks of this vintage with the horn light. I think I have a hardware page showing a bike with the horn light. I'll look later after I get home.

Last edited:

saladshooter

I live for the CABE
Nov 30, 2014
Littleton, CO
Here are pics from my original, catalog correct 37 Roadmaster badged deluxe model 01826. The wires for the silver rays run through the ferrule from the tank to the fender and then come back up through the fender under the fork.

I don't really understand what the rubber grommet was ever used for.

Last edited:

lgrinnings

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Dec 31, 2010
Newburyport, MA
This bike very well might have had the horn light. I didn't think the wires running to the truss silver rays ran through the ferrule into the fender and then back up again. I've seen other bent tanks of this vintage with the horn light. I think I have a hardware page showing a bike with the horn light. I'll look later after I get home. For now, here is a period picture showing a horn light. The fork appears to be the flying V style.

View attachment 1095384

You’ll notice that the tank in the picture has no gills (traditionally implemented to emit the horn sound from inside the tank) because they’re not necessary with an external horn or horn light. Below is my CWC bent tank for a horn light (again, no gills). The horn tank on the bike in question has both a built-in horn and the associated gills.

DCDEB6DC-21BA-4626-86C8-13DDDD238571.jpeg

Euphman06

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Aug 17, 2011
Here are pics from my original, catalog correct 37 Roadmaster badged deluxe model 01826. The wires for the silver rays run through the ferrule from the tank to the fender and then come back up through the fender under the fork.

I don't really understand what the rubber grommet was ever used for.

Not to hijack this thread...but I'd love to see a full on shot of this bike. Looks like a beaut!

Reactions: Freqman1

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
Mar 4, 2012
East Los
I'm seeing two options in regards to the fork.

Wrong fork.
IMG_20191113_091729.jpg

Correct fork but missing bracket.
8177C7A6-0B06-4DF5-8E96-8CC0E61DCCA1~2.jpeg

Either way, with what's there, pointing towards missing silver rays.
Chad
Keep in mind the cream bike is Hawthorne. I see a lot of strange CWC/Snyder parts on these Hawthornes. Just a thought. Not sure about the Speed King tho, but that looks like the same fork.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!