When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Roadmaster Speed King

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
This one has me a little confused because of the fork. Replaced? About four coats of house paint but overall seems pretty solid and correct. @CWCMAN V/r Shawn

Shawn, this is definitely a 37 deluxe model 01826.

As you mentioned, the fork is not correct. It should be a swan style fork with the use of the duel Deltas. That fender light was added later.

It looks like it has the correct three piece tank.

Pretty nice one.

Edit: I should add that this bike is badged Speed King and is not always equipped as the cataloged Roadmaster. That being said, the fork could very well be original to the bike. I believe that three tier fork style first appeared in 1938, So it could be original to the bike. However, I still bet that fender light was added at some point. It was probably originally equiped with a single Delta silver ray or the Delta horn/light combo. My best guess based on the conduit provisions on the tank and front fender and the tank switch.

Last edited:
Shawn, this is definitely a 37 deluxe model 01826.

As you mentioned, the fork is not correct. It should be a swan style fork with the use of the duel Deltas. That fender light was added later.

It looks like it has the correct three piece tank.

Pretty nice one.

Edit: I should add that this bike is badged Speed King and is not always equipped as the cataloged Roadmaster. That being said, the fork could very well be original to the bike. I believe that three tier fork style first appeared in 1938, So it could be original to the bike. However, I still bet that fender light was added at some point. It was probably originally equiped with a single Delta silver ray or the Delta horn/light combo. My best guess based on the conduit provisions on the tank and front fender and the tank switch.
Truss rods are to close together for the dual headlights

The Morrow is dated 4th Qtr '37. When I get time I think I'm going to pull the fork and crank to see if the original paint matches and put this to rest. I would agree that light was added on fender. V/r Shawn

Nice badge. Never seen that one before. Kinda cool that it's for a Cleveland hardware store.

I know the cat shows Silver Rays but just curious if maybe this didn't have a hornlight on it? I think I may take a stab at removing the house paint and seeing if there is any original paint underneath. V/r Shawn

Based on the combination of the built-in tank horn and the fender having the rubber grommet where the wires come up through for the Silver Ray assembly (instead of the absence of a grommet because the wires travel along the fender underside to the horn light), I'd guess (I'm not 100% on this) that this didn't have a horn light.

Amazing grab, by the way.

Back