When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Roadmaster Supreme (Bug Eye)

-

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Well I spent a couple of hours sorting this bike to make it road worthy. The bike had been assembled but everything was still loose and it needed some adjustment. Once I finished I took it out for a mile or so and it is a sweet riding bike. I will take it out this weekend for about 10-12 miles just to make sure everything is good. V/r Shawn

DSC_0301 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0302 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0303 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0307 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0309 - Copy.JPG

I thought it looked deliberate (especially since you took a photo of that particular spot) Neat! I recall seeing them on a number of earlier bikes. I was surprised how many results came up when searching "Curved bicycle cranks".

I didn't try just "curved cranks" but I imagine the results there would have a slightly different effect on my employment (using my work computer).

So here's a pic from oldbike.eu and a link to MORE curved cranks...of the bicycle variety.

1931_Agache_Curly_Cranks_01-1.jpg

http://www.oldbike.eu/museum/1930s/1931-2/21791-2/

I've tried to contact Phil (RMS37) both by email and phone with no luck. If anyone has an idea of about how many of these are known I'd appreciate it. I count about 10 I know of. V/r Shawn

Back