When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Roadmaster Supreme

-

saladshooter

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This was born a real deal 1937 Roadmaster Supreme model 02326 (Tank Version). I bought this bike about a year ago, it was found as a frame/fork/stem/bars/lock.

20220525_133943.jpg

The last several RMSs that have popped up on the market in the last several years are usually just a frame. So I had been collecting any RMS parts I could find as the "next" opportunity that arose I would jump on and be as prepared as possible. I had found fenders, guard, seat, and rack/light. All very hard parts to find when you're looking.

20230413_174625.jpg

I have up to this point only collected original paint bikes as that is what turns me on. Shiny new just doesn't do it for me.. So when the frame arrived I wasn't sure exactly how to move forward with it.. As there have been plenty of girls frames converted to boys I wanted to somehow preserve the provenance that was currently present with the frame although it had been repainted at some point in the last 85 years. So then what?? How would I utilize the parts pile that I had accumulated? Well, after a few weeks I decided I am not talented enough to patina paint my pile, and to what? match the patina of a repaint? None of that made much sense. Well, to some what I moved forward with won't make much sense either... It's my first rat rod of sorts..

IMG_20230413_190114.jpg

20230413_171328.jpg

20230413_171256.jpg

20230413_171354.jpg

I wanted to use as many original RMS parts as possible (had to use the Shelby bars) which included a drop stand (drop stands are cool AF) . Well, how could I use a drop stand without fenders? I had a janky repaired girls chrome deluxe guard that I had picked up at a swap a few years back.. Used a rusty band from a whiskey barrel cut to mimic the flowing backend of the original RMS guard and elongated it a bit to then create a mounting point to weld a dropstand clip

20230413_172952.jpg

20230413_171132.jpg

(the rivits are where the band connected to itself so was doubled up to give the rigdity necessary to function)

IMG_20230413_190633.jpg

20230413_171727.jpg

I'll one day find a talented painter to patina restore me up a tankless Supreme (who needs a tank with a frame like this?). Until then, I'll happily ride my 37 RMS as is.

Chad

This was born a real deal 1937 Roadmaster Supreme model 02326 (Tank Version). I bought this bike about a year ago, it was found as a frame/fork/stem/bars/lock.

View attachment 1820874

The last several RMSs that have popped up on the market in the last several years are usually just a frame. So I had been collecting any RMS parts I could find as the "next" opportunity that arose I would jump on and be as prepared as possible. I had found fenders, guard, seat, and rack/light. All very hard parts to find when you're looking.

View attachment 1820875

I have up to this point only collected original paint bikes as that is what turns me on. Shiny new just doesn't do it for me.. So when the frame arrived I wasn't sure exactly how to move forward with it.. As there have been plenty of girls frames converted to boys I wanted to somehow preserve the provenance that was currently present with the frame although it had been repainted at some point in the last 85 years. So then what?? How would I utilize the parts pile that I had accumulated? Well, after a few weeks I decided I am not talented enough to patina paint my pile, and to what? match the patina of a repaint? None of that made much sense. Well, to some what I moved forward with won't make much sense either... It's my first rat rod of sorts..

View attachment 1820879

View attachment 1820880

View attachment 1820881

View attachment 1820882

I wanted to use as many original RMS parts as possible (had to use the Shelby bars) which included a drop stand (drop stands are cool AF) . Well, how could I use a drop stand without fenders? I had a janky repaired girls chrome deluxe guard that I had picked up at a swap a few years back.. Used a rusty band from a whiskey barrel cut to mimic the flowing backend of the original RMS guard and elongated it a bit to then create a mounting point to weld a dropstand clip

View attachment 1820883

View attachment 1820884
(the rivits are where the band connected to itself so was doubled up to give the rigdity necessary to function)

View attachment 1820887

View attachment 1820888

I'll one day find a talented painter to patina restore me up a tankless Supreme (who needs a tank with a frame like this?). Until then, I'll happily ride my 37 RMS as is.

Chad
Please Chad don't Torture yourself no more...

Restore at least one in your live...

And BTW...DO @ BIG FAVOR TOO, THIS... BEAUTIFUL & UNIQUE, BIKE!! HE DESERVES!!

JUST ONE IN YOUR LIFE IS NOT, GONNA... HURT YOU OR NOBODY'S JUST ONE..

JUST DO IT. HA HA 😉✌️🤝👏🫵🫵🫵🫵

Back