When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Schwinn Lasalle Motorbike

-
I just dug through some old issues of the CABE Newsletter, and found a 1998 Vintage Bicycle Calendar. I believe “Miss January “ was the above mentioned bike.

Only good thing about them was they would make you any sticker on Earth and they were perfectly done! For most people you had to have them do a bike, then wasn't infringement! But if you got to know the couple, they would hook you up! Every so often they would let me go through there bone pile and scored tons of cool stuff! Man did they have some sweet road bikes on display!!
I'm surprised by stumbling across this thread! Looks like the LaSalle is sold but the CyclArt part is very timely! I am in the middle of restoring my IDEOR right now. Italian 10 speed from the early 1960's. Had this bike since the late 60's. Rode that thing everywhere! About 1998 I found out that Jim Cunningham had original style decals for road bikes. When I saw that he had them for my bike and saw the others I flipped! Beautiful!

Since I did auto restorations and paint I just needed the decals. He went crazy and said only if I let him paint the bike. His paintwork was not that great but he absolutely refused to sell the decals at ANY price. I finally said OK but then he whipped out one more catch. It had to include a CyclArt decal on the seat tube. That's NOT Italian! Argued with the guy for an hour. He wanted to chrome the frame also. Said nobody had a plater like his. When he saw the Christensen plating later he shut up and never said a word!

He got to paint it but his decal is on the underside of the bottom bracket. I asked to have it put on after the clear so it could be scraped off. He buried it! Paint is holding up well and those decals are still beautiful! After that he and I were OK but I steered clear of his hype.

I still remember some of those European road and track bikes in the showroom. Unbelievable with all the jewelry!

Last edited:
Back