When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Schwinn LaSalle on Ebay

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I believe the owner of the bike is Richard Truett who started the CABE when it was only in a paper format.
I REMEMBER RICHARD!
HE GOT US STARTED WITH THE CABE!
I HELPED HIM EARLY ON WITH COLLECTOR'S NAME, ETC. TO GET HIM STARTED.
HAS ANYONE STAYED IN CONTACT HIM?

IT SEEMS LIKE ANCIENT HISTORY, BUT THANKS TO SCOTT FOR PICKING UP THE BALL
AND FAST FORWARDING TO THE PRESENT!
FOR THE GUYS THAT CANNOT TRAVEL TO SWAP MEETS ANYMORE, IT IS A DAILY BLESSING!
HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

That is not "restored" to any standard! V/r Shawn
Forgive my terminology. It was used in reference to a nice bike. Again the fact that he did it to his taste counts in my mind. He has obviously had it for a while. Life sometimes gets in the way of hanging on to things. I see a Red Phantom next to it. Looks like a bike guy to me! Shame to hear that everyone wants to chop it up...

Cycle-art restos were the worst! Overpriced and globbed on clear coat with no accurate detail to
original paint lay outs...I've seen many cobble jobs coming out of that place over the years...
this one actually fairs better than most.
There was a bike shop here in Hermosa that fell victim to the allure and hype of Cycl-art...
and I would pop by and check out the latest botched resto he paid through the nose for..
blew my soda out my nose every time!!!
Why would you paint the tank the wrong color? Cycl-art. and Jim 'Con' ingham...lofl
Bike belongs to the original owner of the CABE when it was a publication...
needs to be RE-restored.... I do remember seeing pix of the bike when he
found it years ago with the Gothic alloy fenders.....probably one that should have
never been restored to begin with.
Despite the crappy resto...a cool bike, just overpriced

Wow, are you guys tough on bikes. Do you all feel better now that you vented your outrage on this bike? I would be damn proud to own that bike. Yes, it is not perfect by your standards but it is still a beautiful bike. Pricy and not exact in every detail I admit. Not my bike.

Just to update history a bit. CyclArt is gone. They closed up in 2016. They were bought out by an Arkansas business that had / has carbon fiber bike plans. Basically he sold out and got a job in a cheaper place to live. He is out of the picture now.

I had an Ideor frame painted by Jim in the late 90's. It was agony to deal with him. Susan was much better. That was why she dealt with customers. He would come out from the back after eavesdropping and offer his many opinions. I had a restoration shop and did custom paint. The only reason I got involved was they had the EXACT Ideor decals. Beautiful but not for sale unless he put his color on the frame. Frame has chrome ends and he bitched about wanting todo the plating. I got my way and it was done by Christensen plating. Shut Jim up fast. I asked for him to not apply his CyclArt decal. That was the deal breaker for him. It is there buried under the clear. I did persuade him to put in under the bottom bracket! Who won that one? He got paid and I got a nice job! The good old days!

Wow, are you guys tough on bikes. Do you all feel better now that you vented your outrage on this bike? I would be damn proud to own that bike. Yes, it is not perfect by your standards but it is still a beautiful bike. Pricy and not exact in every detail I admit. Not my bike.
The OP said "I want to hear it all.....................the Good , the Bad.................the Ugly."

It's a nice bicycle....It's just unfortunate the bike was clear coated and restored in such a way...plus the cost
of what was done (Cycl-arts excessive charges for work) was out and out robbery.

Still a nice bike regardless and hopefully the owner will find a home for it.... considerable expense went in to that for what it's worth.

Back