When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1937 Westfield Seminole - 60th Anniversary Model

-
Price
$950 + shipping
Zipcode

ballooney

I live for the CABE
For your consideration is a 1937 Westfield Built Seminole -- Columbia's 60th Anniversary model. Hard to imaging in 1937 a bicycle manufacturer would be celebrating 60 years and now 83 years later this bike is still around. Pretty cool. Back story, this bike is as found and came from a SF collection 20ish years ago. I've had this in my collection for that same amount of time but it has since become outnumbered and buried by Schwinns. In other words, this bike needs to see the light of day...it needs a new home where it can be appreciated and ridden. As I mentioned, Schwinns are my thing so I don't have much depth of knowledge when it comes to Westfield/Columbia bikes. I do know this bike is well equipped, solid (no rust issues), and looks great. I have made no attempt at cleaning this bike...I think the patina is killer and left it alone. Features:
  • The 60th Anniversary label is present and strong
  • paint will clean up -- great darts
  • Persons saddle and cover still seems tight
  • Torrington deco stem
  • gothic style - peaked fenders with flat braces
  • delta horn light - (missing lens, untested)
  • solid tank with switch and horn button (untested) AND conduit!!
  • Moto bars
  • coke bottle grips but they have seen better days
Only warts that I can see is on the rear fender...some paint loss and dimpling for lack of a better word (see pic) and a little bit of the same on the back of the front fender. Small amount of surface rust in one area under the tank (see pic). Tires are shot...rock hard and the rear tire split when adding air.

Pics will tell more of the story...asking $950 + Shipping (PP accepted).

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3088.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3090.jpg

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg