When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938-1940 Huffman Twin Flex Thread

-
Thanks Shawn. Best I can make out is 558FA.......don't see an H, but it may be there, just painted over or my bad eyesite. The badge isn't original to the bike if I recall, or was missing a rivet. The resto is so/so, the bike a bit of a mutt, and I saw some issues after I bought from a Caber by pictures. He mostly made things right, but buyer beware. I still dig the bike.

My Firestone Fleetwood is a bit of a mutt too. So/so resto, but again a bit Dayton, a bit Firestone in my eyes. The S.N. looks to be H6234. Any thoughts/input?
It was missing some correct parts to be either ( tombstone rear reflector, putter stem, correct Mesinger long spring seat, Clipper speedo I added/swapped etc.) and then I dolled it up a bit with NOS Dual pre-war 6 rib EA's up top. One is a top load, the other a front loader, but they match almost perfect.

These are not perfect resto's or examples, but overall I'm happy with them. Coming up to 40 years collecting and getting rare bikes and parts in Canada can be challenging. I collect too many areas. I'm up to around 24 guitars now....Yikes.... Happy early July 4th Cabers. We had Canada Day July 1.View attachment 1440311

View attachment 1440312

View attachment 1440313

View attachment 1440314

View attachment 1440316

View attachment 1440317

View attachment 1440318
The bike, without a doubt, is a Firestone Fleetwood Supreme. A Dayton would have curved seat stays. That said it has an almost Firestone paint job, wrong bars, guard, chain ring, and rack. Light should be front load aluminum, front fender should have initial tray, and should have a drop stand. I can't tell on stem but it should be a three hash putter. All that said not a bad looking bike just not accurate. V/r Shawn

The bike, without a doubt, is a Firestone Fleetwood Supreme. A Dayton would have curved seat stays. That said it has an almost Firestone paint job, wrong bars, guard, chain ring, and rack. Light should be front load aluminum, front fender should have initial tray, and should have a drop stand. I can't tell on stem but it should be a three hash putter. All that said not a bad looking bike just not accurate. V/r Shawn

Ha!! Mine.... It's a mutt, ( knew it...) but I dig it, know it's not 100% correct. This is another Cabers ( in above pic) done correct. ( or more correct?)

My putter stem only has the one hash. I saw another Cabers Firestone ( pic above) that has the twin Silver rays? His ( see pic) resto is more correct Firestone but bars and rack etc. look a bit similar to mine. I'll call mine a Firedayton. Ha!

Question. My S.N. is H6234. It has a Dayton Badge ( may not be original badge) but a Firestone frame with some Dayton parts ( chain ring, guard, fenders etc.) so Dayton made the Firestone Fleetwood. What years? Is mine a '39? My frame rear dropouts doesn't have tabs for a dropstand? It must be a SUPER RARE prototype!! Ha!!

Last edited:
Question. My S.N. is H6234. It has a Dayton Badge ( may not be original badge) but a Firestone frame with some Dayton parts ( chain ring, guard, fenders etc.) so Dayton made the Firestone Fleetwood. What years? Is mine a '39? My frame rear dropouts doesn't have tabs for a dropstand? It must be a SUPER RARE prototype!! Ha!!
It’s a Firestone frame made by Huffman. “Dayton” was just another badge Huffman used. The bike is a ‘37. The frame tabs were cut off. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
It’s a Firestone frame made by Huffman. “Dayton” was just another badge Huffman used. The Nike is a ‘37. The frame tabs were cut off. V/r Shawn
Thanks Shawn. my bicycle is a 1937. I see no sign of the tabs being cut off (and why?) but whatever. I appreciate your info. Cheers, Bob

Last edited:
Back