When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938/39 Schwinn Paramount, Sports Tourist.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
And you have the cultural issue side too - a British or French couple might go for a bicycle ride or be part of a bicycle touring club for fun, whereas an American couple might go out for a Sunday drive in the family car at that time. They're both fun. The car held a special place in American culture that the bicycle did not in those days. Even the kids wanted their bicycles to be more like cars, motorcycles, or airplanes. Schwinn was a couple decades ahead of the 1970s bike boom... too far ahead of its time.

I would love to have one, a Paramount Tourist 1950s or earlier, a women's and boys version.

Just another snap shot from the road.

The monochrome gives this one a timeless quality.
It also makes the bike look like it’s in better condition than it actually is. Lol!

Just another snap shot from the road.
The monochrome gives this one a timeless quality.
It also makes the bike look like it’s in better condition than it actually is. Lol!
The color photos of the bike give it a timeless quality!
What!? That bike is in great condition for the age. Stop riding it around so much :D;):cool: especially on that super hard to find saddle...

I was fortunate enough to get those same pedals on a late 40's Continental last year. First time I've ever had the chance to even see them.

The brake mechanisms are killer and the chrome mudguards are sweet! The attachment of the mudguard stays, far from the axles, is not like the New World lightweights of this era.

Looks like a decently large sprocket in those rear forks too. I bet it is great to ride.

Prewar lightweight Schwinns are cooler than most people realize. This Paramount is a very fine example. It's great to see it being ridden proudly. :cool:

Back