When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938/39 Schwinn Paramount, Sports Tourist.

-
Thanks, Mark.
Here's the before picture, how it was when found.
image.jpeg
I owe a big debt of thanks to those here at the Cabe who helped with sourcing the missing parts.
Thank's, guys!

Reynolds tubing was made of Manganese & Molybdenum.
The Paramount tubing was made of Chromium & Molybdenum.
Here's an article from the American Bicyclist that was first published in April 1938 for the introduction of the Paramount line.

Thanks for the article. I'm more familiar with the later Nervex lugged Paramounts... I don't know much about the early years. Amazing the Racer model weighed only 20 lbs in 1938!

Duuuuude! So glad you ended up with it! If this ever comes to a Foothill Flyers ride please give me the heads up, ill make sure im there!

Great job Marty !
Those fenders makes it complete.
I’m glad it went to a good home instead of the Goodwill.
I’ll let Charlie see the results !
sarmis

Here are my favorite before pics.
I liked the original owner bars, comfy saddle and that “groovy” front tire.

bab89b3a3dda5970f37247ea58d4a3eb.jpg

a720ae3ab801efc51d3142d2521e6aa4.jpg

4e1986154d6e74b1fddcbf66dd2c2f52.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to you, Sarmis.
I really appreciate the opportunity that you provided me, to have the chance to experience the 1938/39 Sports Tourist model Schwinn Paramount.
As I was wheeling the bike out to the truck, Charlie asked me if I planned to ride the bike?
I shook his hand and said, absolutely!

A sweet bicycle! Great job bringing this beauty back to life. I love this model and the Schwinn New Worlds of that vintage.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back