When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Bluebird

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
So I guess I'm one of the "cabe hens" Shadow is talking about when he paints the rosy description of this cobbled together POS! To his credit he does provide a lot of pics but that paint is hiding a whole bunch of mess.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=352101439099

s-l1600.jpg

its nicer than the one everyone was slobbering over a couple days ago!! hens,heh heh heh,if the shoe fits?....

Well here it is! Here is a real deal original impossible to find (serial number is C60074) men's 1938 ELGIN BLUEBIRD cruiser bicycle with 26" wheels. This is arguably one of the most desirable bikes for collectors ever produced! 1938 was the last year of production for the Bluebird and I was told this one is approx 1 of 25 or so known to exist. (yeah, that means there is approx 1 for every 2 states not including the rest of the world) This was a high end bike sold by Sears during the depression. People had no money back then so few were sold and few were produced!

*I got his one just like you see it! Has the cool original frame, awesome original TANK, (lower front does not have a lens, just a clear piece of plastic) nice restored cruiser style seat, wide cruiser handlebars, nice hand grips, full fenders, (have a couple dings) rear carrier rack, skiptooth chain, cool dogleg cranks and sprocket, and more! (no chainguard) This bike is cool and has been kept inside my smoke free home!

*The tires are 26x2.125". They are newer replacement wide whitewall tires and do hold air. The bike has raised center rims front and rear with an ELGIN rear hub. (rims were trued about 6 months ago at my local Schwinn shop and basically no miles since)

*The bike is an original SINGLE SPEED with coaster brakes. (pedal slightly backwards to stop the bike)

*DIMENSIONS The stand over height is approx 31 1/2". The distance from the floor to the top of the seat post clamp is approx 28 1/4". The distance from the center of the crank to the top of the seat post clamp is approx 18". The center of the handlebar stem to the center of the seat post is approx 24 1/2". The bike will accommodate most any rider comfortably. The seat height is easy to adjust.

*NOTED FLAWS READ CAREFULLY..... It is not 100% flawless but is not bad for its age! The bike has obviously been repainted. Paint looks ok but is not any sort of a flawless show paint job. It is shiny but is not perfect in any way if you look closely at it. (looks great from a couple feet away) The chrome is shiney but is not perfect show quality. IF you are a "nut and bolt purist" this is not the bike for you. I was told the forks and rack have been replaced. Headlight does not have any inners or a lens. I was told the tank was repaired. (The cabe hens were talking about that long before I got the bike) I took pics of the tank inside and out and have nothing to hide. Dont let that bother you. Its an amazing and RARE RARE RARE bike! If you click on any of the pics they get very large to show lots of detail. Please take a look at all pics for exact condition and email with any questions before you bid.

*In closing, it may not be perfect or flawless but is the real deal. Every bike guy and gal out there dreams of finding one but very few are lucky enough to own one. This bike will be the star attraction of your collection! This one will ship in a couple boxed well packed via Fed Ex. NO CHARGE LOCAL PICKUP would be preferred and is an option. BE VERY SURE to check out all pics closely and email with any questions before you bid. I do not want to get a return or have any complaints for something that may have been overlooked or some very high expectations. (aka I dont want to risk shipping back and forth for any reason and causing any damage) The pics get very large to show detail when you click on them. Again, I have nothing to hide!

*Imagine this on display with your prewar Schwinn Autocycle, Motorbike, Aerocycle, Monark Silver King, etc etc etc. The earlier models have sold for 5 figures and usually get traded privately amongst collectors. They never really hit the open market. Questions... please ask BEFORE YOU BID!! I have described it to the best of my ability. Please keep any negative comments to yourself. I hope someone out there enjoys this for what it is for many years to come! Be the ONLY kid on your block (or state possibly) to have a bike like this! THANK YOU!

*This appears to be a fairly nice original unmolested bicycle unless otherwise noted. A great bike to ride on relaxing days through the park or to the beach. Also would be a nice item to display in a shop, restaurant, rec room, sports bar, etc. Stand out from the crowd and be the envy of people who see you riding by. People will enjoy seeing you on your vintage bike! A great classic bike at a great price

*Why not ride a bike? You will live longer, feel better, and save $$$ vs of the insanely high cost of gasoline. If you are looking for a fun bike to ride and enjoy this may be it! A nice bike to cruise the beach or your local park! Priced way less than a dime store bike that wont be around 5 years from now, much less 30+ years like this one! Please give this bike a good home and DON'T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY! Classic bikes are very cool because not everyone on the block has one! People love to see and talk about and ride these classic bikes! They are more popular now than ever before!

*This may be a great Birthday or other special holiday gift for someone! It is never too soon to think ahead and get someone something they may really like!! This starts reasonably with ABSOLUTELY NO RESERVE so bid early and don't miss out! These are getting to be hard to find in any condition and to my knowledge, have not been reproduced.

*Sold as is simply because it is used. I try my very best to describe as accurately as possible and disclose anything I am aware of about the bike. PLEASE NOTE that many of the bikes I list have listed have been in long term storage and have not been regularly ridden in a while.(not a bad thing) They may need standard tuning, greasing, may have old tires, surface rust etc. I try to be as honest as possible and never want to disappoint anyone. If you have any questions regarding any specific things concerning the bike, please feel feel to ASK via emali before you bid. Keep in mind you are bidding on a 30+ year old bike that is not a brand new bicycle so it may need minor tuning, cables or cable adjustment, if tires are original, they may or may not have sidewall cracks, etc. I try to be as honest as I can and disclose anything I know about the bike. I want you to be happy with your new vintage purchase but please understand the bike may need some tlc to be road ready.

*By bidding please understand that you are purchasing a used bicycle that may or may not need tlc. If I notice an issue, I always try to note it in the auction listing. I want you to be excited about your new bike and hope you really enjoy your new vintage ride for years to come. Be sure to check out all pics and email with any questions you may have before you bid regarding condition, mechanical items, etc.

*NOTE REGARDING SHIPPING YOUR BIKE Your bike will be partially disassembled and shipped to you in a factory bicycle box. We try our best to package the bicycles carefully to avoid any unnecessary damage caused in transit however, scratches etc are possible to happen in transit which we have no control over once shipped. We try to package well so the bike arrives to you in the same condition as it left us.

*SHIPPING COSTS: Fed Ex, USPS, as well as UPS have recently raised their shipping rates due to the higher cost of fuel. Sorry for the slight increase in shipping costs.

*PLEASE NOTE, I WILL NO LONGER BE SHIPPING FULL SIZE BIKES OUTSIDE OF THE USA. This is due to the high cost of shipping and customs. If you are anywhere outside the lower 48 States including Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico contact me before you bid as shipping will cost more. Please do not bid if this is unacceptable. I always try to keep things as reasonable as I can. If you have a friend or family member in the lower 48 states, I can ship to them for the amount stated in the listing. THANK YOU!

*I have lots of other rare bicycles, bike parts and bike accessories, as well as vintage car parts and unique items on auction this week! Check them out! b6 dx challenger lasalle cadillac flocycle hawthorne zep hiawatha phantom panther Combine items to save yourself $$$ on shipping! Email with any questions you may have.

Back