When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Colson Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Monarky

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello fellow CABER's.......just started on my next project (38 Colson) and this is what I started with. The original paint was gone and had been lightly rattle bombed in some blue paint by the prior owner.
image.jpg
. I'm thinking of going bare metal and will keep you all updated with my project as time goes on. Monarky :cool:

Hello fellow CABER's.......just started on my next project (38 Colson) and this is what I started with. The original paint was gone and had been lightly rattle bombed in some blue paint by the prior owner.View attachment 170899. I'm thinking of going bare metal and will keep you all updated with my project as time goes on. Monarky :cool:

Started stripping the rattle can paint over the weekend and coming down to the bare metal. I'm liking the silver and brazing colors so far. Here is what she looks like now.
image.jpg
. Let me know what you guys think before I shoot the matte clear over it. Monarky:cool:

Last edited:
Lookin good! I like the contrast between the steel tubes and brass that sticks them together. Looking forward to progress updates :cool:

I dig it. I would also dig it if you painted some darts on it with pinstriping and left the rest of the frame bare metal.

I dig it. I would also dig it if you painted some darts on it with pinstriping and left the rest of the frame bare metal.

Hey Joe, now you are talking...that's what I had in mind over the bare metal. First I'm going to matte clear the frame to make it Look aged and dull and after put some pinstripes. I will keep you all updated with my progress. Monarky :cool:

image.jpg
Hey Joe, now you are talking...that's what I had in mind over the bare metal. First I'm going to matte clear the frame to make it Look aged and dull and after put some pinstripes. I will keep you all updated with my progress. Monarky :cool:

Progress Update pictures.....
image.jpg

Very nice!

Everyone knows I'm a big fan of bare metal bikes. It really works for that bike. Can't wait to see it done. Rob.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 355
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 329
Are you going to leave the fenders red?... that would be a nice contrast!

Hi Obi-Wan Schwinnobi, yes I plan on leaving the fenders with the original paint scheme on as I also liked the contrast and all I'm doing is cleaning the parts up. I also have the original matching maroon rims with the white pinstrips, thanks to Stoney. :D

Back