When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Colson Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Chris,
I'm planning on going early to the next coasters swap/ride in Long Beach. I hope you get your Colson squared away. See you soon.

You stay safe out there as well

Hey Eddie, yes I will be there early as well and I plan on looking for some good deals on parts for my other projects. So I will be there hopefully with my completed project for the Colson Collaboration Ride, so I will see you there my friend. Monarky :cool:

Love the bare metal frame-good work

Hi there gear head, thanks for your compliments..for my first bare metal project bike I really like the contrast with the bare metal and yellow brazing. I'm also trying to bring out brazing with brass hardware to match up with the maroon and cream tires. So far so good....Monarky :cool:

Are you putting a tank on it ??? I dig on the raw frame ... Frank

Hi there Frank and thanks for your compliments.... Yes I was lucky enough to find a tank and I also got it down to the raw metal and getting it ready for shooting it up with satin clear to match it up with the same look and may also pinstripe the three ribs on the tank and turkey leg to match up the maroon wheels and fenders. I hope to have it rolling for the first time at your next ride (Cyclone Coaters) for the Colson Collaboration. I hope to see you there, best regards Chris (aka:Monarky) :cool:

Awesome bare metal bike. I love em. Rob.

Hey Rob.... I love the cool look on your bike and keeping them vintage looking. Since the paint was gone on my project and when I sanded it down and saw the raw metal my imagination went wild and went with it. Thanks for sharing the pictures on your bikes. Best regards, Chris (aka:Monarky) :cool:

Yes I'm looking for a set and matching grips, any suggestions or leads on who might be selling some? If so please let me know.

I'm very surprised that the 1938 Colson Standard Models came with three pinstripes on the front fork similar looking to the Schwinns. Oh well I will try to copy that on my project. See attached picture
image.jpg

I'm very surprised that the 1938 Colson Standard Models came with three pinstripes on the front fork similar looking to the Schwinns. Oh well I will try to copy that on my project. See attached pictureView attachment 174576.

Just added some goodies to my Colson Project.... Added the Delta Firefly rear reflector, drop clip and a working rear nickel plated battery tube light for personality effects. Almost there just have to finish with the snap tank and turkey chain guard and she will be done. :cool: Monark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Looking great Chris

That colson has tons of personality. Like the contrast between the color and bare metal. And the cream tires are perfect with the painted rims. Very nice man. Rob.

That colson has tons of personality. Like the contrast between the color and bare metal. And the cream tires are perfect with the painted rims. Very nice man. Rob.

Thanks Rob...... Have a great weekend and Happy Thansgiving, Chris :cool:

well done!

Chris, Great work! I was reluctant to let that bike go, but it was a stalled project that is now in the hands of someone who has the skills and enthusiasm to complete it. Can't wait to see the tank on it. Tim

Chris, Great work! I was reluctant to let that bike go, but it was a stalled project that is now in the hands of someone who has the skills and enthusiasm to complete it. Can't wait to see the tank on it. Tim

Thank you Tim for the humbling compliments and I'm hoping to have the tank on it sometimes in the next week and rideable. I will keep you posted as soon as I complete it. Best regards Chris

Back