When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Colson Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
When you do your bare metal
Frame do you sand blast or are you sanding with sand paper?
I know both ways give you a different finish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you do your bare metal
Frame do you sand blast or are you sanding with sand paper?
I know both ways give you a different finish

Hi there imthegrt1, since I am going with the bare metal look, I went a head ans hand sanded it to keep some of the imperfections and patina to give it the vintage look, then I sealed it with a matted clear finish. I hope this helps in answering your question & are you also thinking of doing a bike in this finish? Monarky :cool:

Yea thinking it be easier than painting. got a few bikes thinking doing this look

Yea thinking it be easier than painting. got a few bikes thinking doing this look

Yup...it is much cheaper than painting and in one can of clear you can get about three coats on the frame alone. So far I really like the vintage bare metal look. Monarky :cool:

Progress continued

Continued progress.....cleaned up the original paint wheel set and hubs. Here's a preview of the look I'm going with on my 38 Colson. Monarky :cool:
image.jpg

Colson project

[monarky that's dammmmmmm nice I like the cream tires how they look . Keep up good work on that colson nice

Chris,
I like the contrast with the cream tires, painted rims and fenders. It should look killer when you add the pins to the frame. Looking good!

Nice meeting you at today's Riverside ride.

Eddie

Back