When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Colson Rear Steer Tandem Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bozman

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Fellow Cabers

Looking for any words of advice before I start tackling the restoration of this beautiful machine. I'm also looking for the chain guards for this bike like shown in the last pic.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
2263ab8a5c5ad16ba67536af941423ff.jpg
21a286e054fda4031259a18426773b66.jpg
7caf6e744b18feac22f0df43d9a3d073.jpg

Like Mrg said, those guards came out in '38. You bike is most likely a 36 or so, so don't waste your money on those listed on eBay unless you plan to build a custom.

Colson 1936.6.jpg

Last edited:
Great to see all this info! From what I can tell it's a 34-38ish but nice to be able to nail down the years to the 36-37 time frame. I'm probably going to get the chain guards for the bike and use them for riding and remove them for showing. I'll be taking it to WW2 airshows and it's just easier to avoid having to outfit everyone with pants clips.

I'm also looking to put on a rear luggage rack on the bike. Any suggestions on what style is appropriate for this bike?

Back