When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 COLSON Rocket Rear-Steering Tricycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wing Your Heel

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Couldn't find any info on the internet to confirm that the Rocket Rear-Steering Tricycle was made by Colson.
Here are 1938 patent drawings by William C Roe, assignor to the Colson Corporation.
The lower main tube kicks down to the rear axle at a different angle on the drawing and the actual tricycle. I assume because the trike is a larger wheel size than the drawing.

I wondered if anyone has a Colson or Wards catalogue picture of the Rocket to compare?

1938ColsonRocketRearSteeringTricyclepate-1.jpg

1938RocketRearSteeringTricycle00_zpshpdm-1.jpg

Amendments in the August 1938 patent below show different rear step, seatpost support and handlebar, which are the same as the actual tricycle.

1938ColsonRocketRearSteeringTricyclepate-2.jpg

More pics -

http://www.oldbike.eu/museum/childrens/1938-rocket-rear-steering-tricycle/

It has been a long time belief of several other collectors and myself, that these were made by Colson. But we never had any proof.

DSC_0013[1] (2).JPG

DSC_0013[1] (2).JPG

Thanks Catfish, good to see the Wards catalogue pic and photo of yours. Don't you wish it was bigger so we could try it out? :)

Back