When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Colson , viewer discretion...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mike j

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Disclaimer: No original paint Colsons have been harmed in this production. This is pretty much what I picked up at Copake this spring.

fullsizeoutput_3e3.jpeg

Forward ; what originally sucked me back into this madness, er hobby was trying to find the perfect dingy for the pop up truck camper that I made during the recession. It was primarily constructed of recycled or reused materials, so an older, repurposed bike fit right in. I got sidelined by all the incredible bikes that I happened upon, but, the quest continues.

fullsizeoutput_405.jpeg

Intro; I already have a really nice, original paint 1938 Colson, so a second one seemed a little redundant, at first. Picked up a nice amount of custom retrofit bike parts, in a trade with a good Caber, & have been getting into E bike builds as well, (four so far). In for a penny,,,

P1010018.jpg

The project: The ultimate dingy for the " Funmobile" as my wife dubbed it. Among the bike parts that I recently got were a Nexus 3spd hub w/ coaster brake & mountain bike type cushion fork w/ disc brake. A pretty cool skull stem came w/ the fork. I'm thinking transformers or the evil spawn manifesting itself. Hoping that the reality somehow mirrors the concept.

DSC03092.JPG

DSC03093.JPG

The juice; Arrived the other day, a 750 watt mid-drive setup from Luna cycles. Had to do some tweaking, as these are made for the newer, smaller bottom brackets, but it works. This unit is twice the power of my current rider and my first mid drive, as all our other bikes have front hub motors.

DSC03158.JPG

I'm an idiot, though knowing and admitting it is ninety nine percent of the battle. The coaster brake hub won't work with a mid drive because the cranks have to free spin backwards. Got a SA 3spd w/ drum brake from 365 bikes in Lancaster, Pa. through Ebay. Highly recommended. The more HP you put into these bikes, the more commitment is involved, as far as everything, especially braking. Liking the look, so far, can't wait to get it up & running.

DSC03179.JPG

fullsizeoutput_46e.jpeg

All together, took it out for a test ride last night after work. This is a powerhouse, popped a couple a wheelies, haven't done that in a while. Took it back out this morning for a photo op, light is much better. Two minutes after these photo's went for a really big wheelie and scrapped up the rear fender & reflector. Have to work on toning them down a notch or two. This bike wants to ride. Still have to paint those peddles.

fullsizeoutput_4b2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4b3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4b4.jpeg

Dig that bike; I wanna try....
your seat re-cover; looks saggy. Try Hi density foam padding or send it to one of our members that re-cover or Restore; IMO
Cool Bike. Enjoy the Ride.

Back