When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Elgin Bluebird Deluxe

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Kris- looking good! No one will ever mistake that for a boring restored one ;)
I assume you'll be riding it Sunday at Boom Island with us?
- did you ever get the shifter handle from John?

Darcie

Thanks Darcie! Darn right I'll be riding this at Boom island with you guys/gals. It would be sweet to get that shifter handle.

Looking good kris! Here is a recent picture of what the rack looks like as of last night
heby9a8u-1.jpg

You do know that that rack is the wrong rack for the the 38? The legs are the same, and the top is basically the same, but the front of the rack is different. On 37 and earlier, the rack mounts to the frame. On the 38 it mounts to the seat clamp. The rack probably can be converted using another rack.

I know I'm the one who sold you that rack, but didn't realize it was for a 38 bike.

Soooo...Nice!!!!!!

Peeeeeerfect Specimen of Elgin's Classical Art Dominance!

Love It!!!

Keep It Like it is Now!!!

Do Not Fully Restore It, Please!!!!!!!!

Good Job!
:cool:;);)

You do know that that rack is the wrong rack for the the 38? The legs are the same, and the top is basically the same, but the front of the rack is different. On 37 and earlier, the rack mounts to the frame. On the 38 it mounts to the seat clamp. The rack probably can be converted using another rack.

I know I'm the one who sold you that rack, but didn't realize it was for a 38 bike.

Thanks Scott, we did know it was an earlier or a Skylark rack. I have another sacrificial rack to cut off the upswept mount. Looks like a buddy who did the work forgot this and primed the rack!

Kris

Last edited:
Thanks Scott, we did know it was an earlier or a Skylark rack. I have another sacrificial rack to cut off the upswept mount. Looks a buddy who did the work forgot this and primed the rack!

Kris

Pheww...great news!

Back