When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1938 Firestone Huffman Twin Flex $2,900 plus Shipping

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
A fantastic 1938 Firestone badged Huffman Twin Flex. Retains much of the original paint, has some minor detailing by T. Clark. Has not been serviced to make it a rider but doesn’t seem like it would need much (is missing a single front spoke, one broken spoke nipple, the chain guard is missing its rear frame mounting bracket, has a make-do brake strap that is broken, new tires maybe; the bike is also missing one of the original initial tray screws, the correct rear Wald book strap rack is pretty beat up as most of these are, it has side tears in the metal and the book strap slots are crushed; the front fender under the correct Delta Winner non-script light has a metal tear between the two holes and these holes are widened. I have braced the underside of the fender so the Winner light is now firmly attached; tiny metal tear on the bottom rear end of front fender). The seat is the correct 1938 model; the top covering is original but is pulled away the entire way around. I have the correct crash side tabs for the seat but they show wear and denting. The last owner media-blasted the rims and hubs so they are missing 99% of their chrome; I put on a very light rust wash to the rims to better match the bike’s patina; this can be easily changed for a different presentation. Has a large glass rear reflector (this is an aftermarket reflector that would have not come on this model originally, it was there when I got the bike so I left it on). The bike also has a period matched pair of 1940’s Firestone tires, they show wear but the tubes hold air; They are great display tires but I would not recommend riding on them. The bike currently has a nice complementary pair of Torrington 8's, by the catalog images they show Persons Magestic streamline pedals for 1938, I can provide a good matching patina pair for $200 if someone is interested in swapping out the pedals. The fork date code is: 7-8 for July, 1938. Over all a great bike. Would accept two payments with a $1,000 deposit (non-refundable). Free delivery to Copake or Ann Arbor. This is SOLD, sorry I forgot to change it from pending to everyone who keeps messaging, Sold! Thank you. PM to purchase. Kindly, Brant

Last edited:
Back