When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Hedstrom Minuteman

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Scored this little fella off EBay. I think this is the first pneumatic tired trike like this I've seen but certainly the nicest original. Anyone else have one of these? V/r Shawn

DSC_0949 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0950 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0951 - Copy.JPG

DSC_0952 - Copy.JPG

Congrats Shawn!!
That’s the nicest original I’ve seen and only pneumatic tired one!
I’ve owned a few originals, but not as nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they are supposed to be stylized trains? V/r Shawn
Also being a railfan, I believe there was a streamlined train back in the day called the "Minuteman" which ran on the Boston & Maine RR. The Hedstrom plant may have been located along that railroad in New England, giving them the idea for the model name. Nice that the pneumatic tires are still in good condition. They're super rare to find, and when they do come up for sale the seller usually is asking a high price for them. Very nice score, Shawn!

Dave

Last edited:
Also being a railfan, I believe there was a streamlined train back in the day called the "Minuteman" which ran on the Boston & Maine RR. Nice that the pneumatic tires are still in good condition. They're super rare to find, and when they do come up for sale the seller usually is asking a high price for them. Very nice score, Shawn!

Dave

Dave you are correct on the Minuteman train I was doing some research yesterday and came across that. I have been unable to locate any literature concerning this tricycle. If anyone has a copy of any ads I would appreciate it. I also have not been able to find another example of this tricycle. Does anyone know of another or have pics of one? Randy (seller) really worked with me on this one to make it happen. V/r Shawn

Back