When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Huffy?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I don’t think so. Measure you’re fork tube on your boys and see what the measurement is on the girls. Girls is usually longer on prewar bikes. V/r Shawn

Ok, I'll try to find out but it will still work? just be higher? The forks I have aren't right and are bent too

Ok. So the length of the forks is the same the stem is longer. Couldn't you cut it a weld it at the bottom.?

Ray it would have to be cut to the proper length and rethreaded as Shawn said. The section I circled is the bearing race and needs to be seated flush in order for the bearings to seat properly. The actually name of the manufacturer for that time frame would be Huffman after the war it was changed to Huffy.

Sean
20210624_132558.jpg

Yes, you could cut and re-weld--actually, you'd have to "section" it because you want to preserve both the threads and lower race area mentioned above. Also, you want your weld line to be well below the reach of the stem because, IMO, it's a must to put a sleeve inside--a "guzinta" (you know, one guz inta the other), Best bet there is to start with a piece of DOM and turn it down to a perfect fit, then fill weld through holes drilled through original steer tube and then at the seam. Cut and thread doesn't look too bad after all.

Thanks for all the information. I probably would cut it in the middle and use a sleeve. I have welding and machining capabilities. We make bumpers for semi's so I have everything from lasers on down. The girls forks are priced at $100 which I think is a bit steep. I'll probably keep looking for a set. Thanks again for the info.
Ray

Back