When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1938 Monark Five Bar

-
Price
$1250 shipped to lower 48
Zipcode

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
I would consider this a project bike. This is the earliest Five Bar I have ever seen. Has the early ducktail front fender (have never seen another). Great badge-Mahowald who I believe were also Harley Davidson dealers which is how they may have got away with using the bar and shield logo. Bike is nearly complete. Pedals are postwar 8s, rack needs front bracket, needs Delta front loader, and tank is from a '41 so to be technically correct you would need to remove the horn rivets and spotweld the horn to the tank. Trying to make space for other bikes and letting go of some of my projects. $1375 $1250 shipped obo. PP as F&F, check, Postal M.O. or PP as G&S and add the 3%. Thanks, Shawn

38-1.JPG

38-2.JPG

38-3.JPG

38-4.JPG

38-5.JPG

38-6.JPG

38-7.JPG

38-8.JPG

38-9.JPG

38-10.JPG

38-11.JPG

Last edited:
I just stumbled upon this on eBay. I hadn't seen it until now. Amazing bike at an even more than amazing price. GLWS

Back