When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938? Motorbike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Lots of fuss over a rusty tank

Id just eBay the thing, this story is kinda two sided. The thing might go for good money, yet the reserve will probably more than what the tanks worth. I've lost out on ebay due to "sentimental value" or "real value" and "I was hoping to get more". Refusing to send, claiming lost or stollen, fake tracking numbers and refunding my money 5 minutes after I paid for it. I hope this doesn't happen to any of you especially. I don't know who the sellers are, are they selling the bike or the tank? And why did they thrash the fork?

i have bought things and came back to pick them up and they sold it for more. then gave me back the money. what can you do. nothing. if you cant touch it its on their word.

WTB Roadmaster rack

Looking forone like this one
roadmaster rack 3.jpg
roadmaster rack 4.jpg

Where did you go to law school?

AS soon as the seller accepts a written (emailed) offer (in the case of goods over $500)- the deal is done- the guy is owed the money and the other the bike,.
Posession has pretty much nothing to do with it.

Imagine if you won a bike (or whatever) on the bay and the seller said SORRY GOT A BETTER OFFER- if it was worth litigation you sure have a good case...
Even better if paypal went through and then was unilaterally refunded.

Not to say that any seller can't say FU at any time - just a matter of what side of the law he is on- most people will drop it instead of pursuing cause of costs overhead etc.

This is generally the law in the US not practicing law here just giving a common law intepretation that can be read pretty much on any legal website- look up CONTRACT
for example http://public.findlaw.com/LCsearch.html?entry=contract

Plus what ever happend to the (even if electronic) handshake deal?

(had some time to vent- BALLOON CONTENT Hope to be posting a few items over the weekend

hate to say it, but the seller can return the money if the product is in his possession. but his rep is going to be deminished.. he junped on a low offer and then some one ELSE offered him a more; then, realizing his error in desicision and remorse is changing his tune. which he can do. as long as the money is returned respectfully.

I was curious about the fork myself. Unless the fork legs or steerer tube snapped off I'd keep it. And even in that case I'd just weld it back or fix whatever is wrong. A correct fork and wheel might cost $250+ All in all though, if I had $900 to just toss out, I'd go for this.

Roadmaster Fork!

I was curious about the fork myself. Unless the fork legs or steerer tube snapped off I'd keep it. And even in that case I'd just weld it back or fix whatever is wrong. A correct fork and wheel might cost $250+ All in all though, if I had $900 to just toss out, I'd go for this.

It is a 37-38 Roadmaster fork it could be used for a 37 supreme but it would have to be lengthened... :rolleyes:

I say Ebay it that is why I don't sell on here! :(

Aero, hate to start a hornets nest, but why don't you sell on here. Knock on wood, but I don't have many problems on here.....

Rules....

I know what my junk is worth... Just don't need all the grief and nit picking some guys dish out... :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back