When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 prototype? Mesinger B-1 Saddle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I recently picked up a prewar Mesinger sliding chassis rail deluxe B1 saddle. Upon examination
and after restoring the durn thing.. Very very odd duck indeed. Pan was similar to the long spring
pans with the 2 rear studs, only the studs were super short to accomodate a "sleeve fit" type
spring post, with a hexagonal bottom section to fit your wrench to, to affix to the pan. Check the
last pic towards the top of the image upper right for this hexagonal seat post. The front
nose spring 'hold down' or butterfly clamp, was the same as the Prewar long spring saddles.
and the pan was totally different than all of the long spring pans and prewar short spring pans.
Nothing interchangeable as far as pinch pan to top. Chassis was also different in how the
rails entered the spring carriage at rear. Some pix here to better detail what I've described...
in over 40 years of messing with old bikes and restoring a ton of this type of saddle, first of
it's kind. I doubt many were made.
Seat was purchased by a fellow Caber and was so unique I felt it deserve an NOS
Clamp assembly one of the last from my stockpile of these units.

Back