When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Schwinn, model BC117

-
Just to throw a wrench, maybe someone here could explain this oddity...? I’ve never seen it before! The badge was a Speedboy Special/ Spokane Cycle & Toy Co.
I’m not done stripping the nasty gold auto paint that was all over it.

View attachment 910774

View attachment 910775

View attachment 910776

View attachment 910777

View attachment 910778

View attachment 910779

View attachment 910780

View attachment 910781
Looks like prewar DX...but please start another thread on your bike. Thanks!

Wow fantastic example Marty. @Dave K has a killer one as well, you should check out his black and red beauty sometime.

For a model named the “Standard” you sure don’t see a ton of them. I would love to see (own) one of these BC models with painted gothic fenders someday.

Thanks, Eric.
I was talking with @onecatahula Pete the other day, and he had said that there wasn't a thread dedicated to the BC model Schwinns, so I mentioned that I'd start one when I got this bike rolling again.
Our hope is that anyone with a BC model would post pictures and descriptions of them here.
The @Dave K black and red bike is a phenomenal example of this model and it would be fantastic if some pictures of that beauty could be posted here as well.
I'm not sure where it is now, but the old Shaun Roblee two tone green one was another amazing example.

Wow Marty your BC is stunning. Nice work tracking down the correct patina matching parts.

My black/red BC is in the process of getting some parts upgrades but will post pictures when it is all put back together.

EAA4DEBF-1C6A-4AC7-8817-77F9D39F788C.jpeg

Wow!
That's a nice one!
And it's badged as a Henderson!
I've heard there's a blue one out there somewhere.
Hopefully we'll get to see it someday.

Back