When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Schwinn Model C Tank Question

-

dave laidacker

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I believe I am missing two clips that are to be incorporated to the underside of the tank and the straight bar below the tank? I assume clips are needed to keep the tank from wanting to rotate.

Please let me know if I am correct or full of crap. If I am correct does anyone have a photo of what the clips look like or do you know where they could be found.

I appreciate any help or thoughts you may have.

Thanks again
Dave Laidacker

4-5-18 Prewar Straightbar Schwinn Photo 2 1 m 2.JPG

I'm not a C model expert or even close. None of mine have the clamps you are speaking of. Two of my earlier ones without the horns have a third hanging clamp like the top ones made in the center of the bottom of the tank. The later ones with horns have nothing on the bottom.

My 37 C model has no clamps on the bottom, just the 2 on the top. The tank can rotate a bit, especially after riding.

I would like to thank everyone for the information. Certainly, it seems they were not used according to you folks and others.

I feel very fortunate to be able to own this bike. I also attached a photo of my most recent purchase that was able to purchase.

Thank you very much.
Dave Laidacker

1940 Schwinn Auto Cycle B24E9E056-7070-43A1-A298-1EC7ECBEFFCD.jpeg

Great to see that bike again !
I originally found that bike for 500 bucks on Craigslist Seattle. The guy I bought it from was clearing out his brother’s barn in Port Orchard, when he discovered a secret disguised room with no doors. His brother had two bikes in there, which he suspected his brother was hiding from his wife !! Haha. There was a high end Italian road bike and this Cadillac C Model.
This was the only photo I could dig up. When I got it, it had these great petrified red grips. Loved that bike !! Glad you’re enjoying it now Dave . .
Pete
F8D93043-F537-4855-9214-7E7BA01197EA.jpeg

Back