When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Schwinn Spring Fork Locking version for tall prewar frame Ranger etc---F/S

-
Price
Zipcode

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Fork as found, as shown... Fits the Taller head tube on the 20" seat mast 26" prewar mens frames.
The struts are rechromed and look excellent...the fork legs have some minor nicks and small dings
minor, repainted black...locking mechanism works with original tumbler and new key. Spring assembly
and AS bolts are original plating, decent for orig...top nut is postwar. Nice old fork that works as
it should. This would fit up to 1940 possibly 41 bikes as well.
150.00 plus the ride (about 25.00 outside Calif)

[email protected]
or PM here

Last edited:
I have tried to make this clear but keep getting emails and message regarding will this
fit a C model, Cantilever etc etc etc frame. No on the cantilever....and only a good fit
on the TALL Frames with the 20" seat mast and TALLER head tube, thought I had this

explained pretty clearly. Also fits some of the ladies prewar frames...
Steer tube length on this is 7 and 1/2"......meaning your head tube needs to be about
7" or just about that tall

I have tried to make this clear but keep getting emails and message regarding will this
fit a C model, Cantilever etc etc etc frame. No on the cantilever....and only a good fit
on the TALL Frames with the 20" seat mast and TALLER head tube, thought I had this

explained pretty clearly. Also fits some of the ladies prewar frames...
Steer tube length on this is 7 and 1/2"......meaning your head tube needs to be about
7" or just about that tall
PREWAR TALL FRAMES I HAVE HAD WERE 6 INCHES HEAD TUBES BETWEEN BEARING CUPS
REQUIRING 7 1/2- 7 5/8 INCH STEER TUBES. FORK ARM SHAPE IS 1938-1940.
TRY IT WITH 6 INCH HEAD TUBE.
THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING!
WES

Back