When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Shelby Speedline Airflo blackwalls?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Balloonatic

Riding my '39 Silver King 26X
Does anyone know what brand/type of blackwall tires came on the 1938 Shelby Speedline Airflo super in the attached ad?

To me, they look like BF Goodrich Silvertowns, but I just don't know for sure.

Also, can anyone tell me where this deluxe Shelby would have been available at retail? Western Auto? Monkey Wards? Catalog sales? Who carried such a deluxe, expensive bike on the showroom floor?

Attention: @slick @poolboy1 any other Shelby nuts out there?

Thanks!

001.jpg

Being an admirer of this bike usinf it as the logo bike of our nuseum I have had several and quite a literature collection on them. I had a peechee style folder from the plant that had a Pherris Tire Company add for 1939 showing snakebelly bw frim Pherris Ohio long before they merged with Carlisle after the war. Not sure who got the add from me most likely John Atkinson Scott McCaskey or Dan Venturi. I got it from Kim Heuberger and i had a few girls bikes I acquired with them still on them. The Shelby literature had both G-3 and General WW safery tires in the 40-41 literarure.

Back