When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Shelby Speedline airflow

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great bike that I would absolutely covet if in my collection.
I just wanted to make a point as folks tend to look on the far right hand side of M/NM condition of Goldmine or whatever, extrapolating from top condition, but there's a lot more to it and it's only worth what someone's going to actually pay.
I have said enough and I look forward to seeing what it will bring, opinions aside.
Chris

How about the guys with the clean original paint speedlines post pictures so we can do a survey of how many are out there? I'm guessing about 2 dozen maybe? I've searched all over the internet and only came across pictures of 3 Speedlines with original paint including this one. I'm not counting no-noses and Hiawatha Arrows are a different story.

Chris,
An interesting question I would like to know myself, but I could walk into any thrift store right now and come up with hundreds of rare items unlike anything else...rareity isn't everything, but a factor granted.
The 39 Hawthorn Zep went undervalue on ebay, the Elgin 4-star at Copake went undervalue, the Elgin Robin rests on it's 5,000 perch for how long now, the custom cowboy bike (okay bad example), on and on...?

How do you put a price on original paint from 73 years ago? I guess you have to take a poll of how many are left in this state of untouched, unhacked, no parts swapped, completely original. Not very many i'm sure. It's bad enough that it's a rare bike to boot. Look at the rusty Arrow that sold for $700 a month ago. The fenders were wrong, no chainguard, no rack, and the bottom was falling out of the tank. Most of us including myself have swapped parts to "upgrade" the bike to a deluxe model instead of a base model cheap bike. So I rest my case. Good luck to you "Doctor" and your sale.

So let me get this straight... Now you're comparing a rust bucket of s**t for $700..... What case have you rested?..... Is there a case?

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL this is starting to be a very funny thread. The bike is very rare and original. IF someone is willing to step up to the plate they will own it. $5,000-$6,500 is not comparing it to the top of the line airflow.

Ah!.......... I think that was said from the beginning!!!!!

poolboy I didn't realize there were "reply with quote" rules. Thanks for letting me know. If a value of 5-6.5 had already been established in the thread so be it. I hadn't read the whole thread. I read a few of the posts before my first post. On a separate note I don't think it's anyone's business who has and does not have money. I'm just sayen not a good practice to be anouncing this. If I offended you I apologize!

This is getting stupid!.... My point was that you did not put the complete quote! You're comparing a deluxe Airflow with everything on it! To a good standard Shelby! The value is what someone will pay for it! Me personally LIKE I SAID IN MY OPINION! THE BIKE IS A $4-5K BIKE. Maybe $5.5....... About MONEY!.... It's not chump change to buy a rare original shelby Airflow with everything on it! I was not talking about bank accounts! Am i going to get mad if someone says i have some money because i have something nice.... REALLY! Late 30's Shelby Airflow bicycles have been a passion of mine for many years. I have a restored No-Nose almost done now... Four Big tank Airflow and One Hiawatha Arrow so it's not like i do not know nothing about Shelby Airflow bicycles or about what thing's cost or a really good estimate..... I hope to ride with you guys soon....

If I gave you the impression I was comparing the bike for sale with Walt's bike then I did not communicate correctly. I know they are not apples for apples. The white flag is out I'm calling a truce on this one. It's all good...Again if I offended I apologize.

I own 2 airflows and an arrow also. All of which I acquired in the last 3 weeks. I love these bikes is all i'm saying. Hopefully a CABE guy gets it and doesn't restore it.

I own 2 airflows and an arrow also. All of which I acquired in the last 3 weeks. I love these bikes is all i'm saying. Hopefully a CABE guy gets it and doesn't restore it.

Really.... You found a Arrow and two Airflow complete real deal tank bikes = Metal. Wow! Good for you! Lets see some pictures.... Are you the one that bought that rusted arrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back