When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1938 Wards Hawthorne Comet

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
A basement fresh '38 Wards (later Montgomery Wards) Hawthorne Comet built by H.P. Snyder who also built Rollfast bicycles for D.P. Harris. This bike is original except for the new U.S. Royal chain tread reproduction tires and tubes (26 x 2.125). I also straightened the fork, replaced a broken drop stand clip, and headlight lens. I serviced both hubs and the headset. I rode the bike a few miles and gave it the 'no hands' test to make sure it is tracking straight. Has the original Troxel Airflex seat which has a rip but is very comfortable. The tank is solid and the horn may work with a little effort. The headlight is complete but I think too corroded to work. The patina on this bike is bitch'n so I left it alone. I believe the paint would clean up good if the new owner wanted a little more pop. Bike will be shipped via Bikeflights to the lower 48 only. $675 shipped PP as F&F or add the 3%. Thanks, Shawn

DSC_0746 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0747 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0754 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0761.JPG
DSC_0788.JPG
DSC_0796 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0797 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0799 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0800 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0801 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
$800 local pickup or $875 shipped PP as F&F or add the 3% for G&S. Thanks, Shawn

Back