When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Y Frame road master supreme Info

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I agree with fordsnake should be a fairly easy restoration. I have never seen one so complete for sale before. Find the few missing parts get the chrome and paint done and you have a killer bike this bike has been on my want list for some time.

Please share!

C’mon guys, isn’t there some printed information, documents, advertising, consumer or dealer catalogs for the 1938 Roadmaster Supreme bike?

I’m asking because there’s mystery around this bike, for instance if you look closely at the posted ad above, it appears that the chain guard has a vertical mount bracket on the rear? I didn’t think this particular chain guard appeared until after 1940? Yet the ad refers to it as “new design” for 1938.

I’ve seen material for the ’37 & ’39 RMS models… but there’s zilch on the ’38!

I know a guy who has four or five of them. And another guy with at least four.

Hey catfish have your friends take some pictures of there bikes so we can use them for reference. The only ones I see on the net is the cream and maroon ones. Is that the only color the came in.

here are some pics of cyclingday 37 supreme

Green 37 supreme-1.jpg
Green 37 supreme-2.jpg
Green 37 supreme-3.jpg
Green 37 supreme-4.jpg
My 37 has threaded holes in the frame for the lantern battery cage mounts, then the tank mounts to the cage. It is a very unusual way to fit a tank, but it's solid and seems to work well.
Does the 38 tank mount the same way, and if not, are the threaded holes still in the frame?
The reason I ask, is that I wondered if the 38 frames were just run outs from the 37 production run.

Green 37 supreme-1.jpg

Green 37 supreme-2.jpg

Green 37 supreme-3.jpg

Green 37 supreme-4.jpg

C’mon guys, isn’t there some printed information, documents, advertising, consumer or dealer catalogs for the 1938 Roadmaster Supreme bike?

I’m asking because there’s mystery around this bike, for instance if you look closely at the posted ad above, it appears that the chain guard has a vertical mount bracket on the rear? I didn’t think this particular chain guard appeared until after 1940? Yet the ad refers to it as “new design” for 1938.

I’ve seen material for the ’37 & ’39 RMS models… but there’s zilch on the ’38!

Well, the good news is I have a copy of the 38 catalog...bad news, it is a poor photocopy and I really don't think it will scan with enough detail to see anything...that said, all of the illustrations of the 38 Supreme (men's and lady's) show the long chainguard while the deluxe 3rib tank bike has the vertical bracket chainguard-same with the 1937 catalog copies I have. I also have a photocopy of a march 1938 Cleveland Welding ad from The American Bicyclist again showing the long guard.
Fordsnake, the copies I have show the supported chainguard in 1937 unless there are subtle differences that I cannot see on the copies...
Also, the pics of the 40 Supreme have a different chainguard, not as long as the earlier styles and still non supported but changed to follow the curve of the later frame...

Last edited:
Back