When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Y Frame road master supreme Info

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Karla's 38 girls supreme had a standard plain jane roadmaster badge on it so i decided to swap it out for a reflector badge i scored on ebay. As she sat and watched me unscrew it I told her I hope the screws loosen up easily. They came out rediculously smooth and to my surprise, there was an applecore outline under the standard badge totally obvious that someone snagged the badge off before i got the bike. Anyways, it has a reflector badge now and a repop reflector lense in it from Jim (Jaf/Co) and looks beautiful but the search is on for a applecore badge now.

Carlton, that applecore badge collection photo just blew my mind! I have only seen 3-4 of those. The V8 Champion one is incredible! The search is on!

Slick I which I was the one that had that headbadge but it was missing when I bought the bike also. I would like to have the reflector headbadge since it was a special order in 1938. Still hopin to find out more about these bikes seems to be very few and far between.

I forgot Patric shared this headbadge a few months ago...has anyone else come across other names?

file44-1.jpg

I'm very surprised Phil Marshal has not commented on this thread, he knows these bike extremely well. And I know he has a red 37 Supreme for sure if not two and probably also a 38 4 gill Y CWC frame. Their cool frames and the designer designed them in mind with the bike to abbreviate CWC. The frame is shaped with the rear rack braces to look like a W. And wheels are supposed to resemble C.

I know of someone else with a 37 Supreme and 38 4 gill. I wish I had photos to post of both of their collections.

The 37 I added photo of from Dave's site is my favorite, a tankless model, it shows the lines of the bike and I like that. The rarest original supreme that I have heard of.

Attachments

• 1937 roadmaster orig sd 1.jpg
    1937 roadmaster orig sd 1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Hey Fordsnake do you know who owns the champion one? Trade for the ridewell??

Here's something I picked up in Dave's '38 catalog that's rather enlightening about the yellow reflector headbadge. I was always told this badge wasn't introduced until 1939, and that the early CWC Supremes only carried the apple core badge. Au contraire per the catalog, it looks like the front reflector was available was introduced in 1938!

So here's a question...the 37-38 apple core badges was prolific with multiple names...did the yellow reflector badge also have multiple names, or was it just exclusive to Roadmaster?

file41-1.jpg

file40-1.jpg

Nice photos of some great Supreme bicycles.

I know this not the topic but in the rare event someone happens to have a real four gill tank for a 1939-40 CWC bicycle I would be very happy to acquire one just like the rest of you who searching for one as well. Thanks

Back